Friday OT #1 - Avoidance Is Key

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks, @ArgentCy, for this idea! What are shows to avoid during quarantine, or are too depressing for this time?

I will let him share his - one I thought of was 12 Monkeys - post-apocalyptic fiction has hit a little too close to home right now.
What are yours?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Kinda off topic a bit, to me it’s sad how awful all the current new comedy sitcoms are these days. I guess I kinda avoid all of those. Spent 5 min watching one last week and it was so incredibly unfunny and cringe. Back in the day I was always a big fan for King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Two and a half Men (before Ashton), Big Bang Theory and other types of comedy shows. Now there’s absolutely nothing good that’s new.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm still watching it but the new season of Restaurant Impossible always has a sad thing at the end of each episode right now because I think this season was filmed just before the COVID outbreak so when they put their update of how they are doing after they did the show they have all ended with something related to the COVID pandemic forced them to do carry out only or something.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The Stand which was a mini-series back in the 90s. CBS All-Access was working on a new version which is scheduled to come out this year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
e1d8ec7d-078e-4a9d-a46a-dae61fd3a101_1.ef1febfcf4db0570f983e68b9dfcb6a0.jpeg

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

I'd be better with it now, but I avoided that like the plague (ha!) back when this thing first kicked off and things were a little bit more panicky.

I definitely avoid the news on TV (kinda sad to say that) but I have for a while and gotten most of my stuff from a variety of online sources.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I missed my own thread, oh well, typical.

Battlestar Galactica

Reruns have been playing the last month or two. I do remember watching the first season or so when it came it in the 2000's but it got really slow and political in the second season and I lost track both times. But they've been playing the fourth season and my goodness it does get a little more entertaining but it's a difficult watch. I mean the show starts out with the toasters wiping out most of the human race and it somehow manages to only get darker after that start. If you miss ISU nut cup kicks and like Sci-fi then you might want to check it out. It gives you just a little bit of hope and then just a good hard swift, watch out.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Got 28/46 Before I ran out of time. Cool Quiz!
I got 27/47. There were a few cities I was thinking of but couldn't for the life of me remember their names (Denison, Pella and Bettendorf). I was embarrassed by some of them that I missed.

I guess I have been in Minnesota too long.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Got 28/46 Before I ran out of time. Cool Quiz!

Completely spaced out on Clinton and Bettendorf when reviewing river towns.

And then forgot all about Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Which is weird because I lived in rural Waterloo for about 3 months.

And most of the Des Moines Suburbs which is weird because - I thought of Marion and Coralville.

Reactions: mj4cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron