Far too much controversy here...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Congrats on the bowl, @surly. I see some of your fans are unhappy, but I think this is a good landing spot for you.

1) It’s good for KSU’s National prestige as casual football fans love to tune in to watch two teams run it up the middle at each other for two hours.
2) I have been to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl, and let me tell you, the 30 degree weather just makes that Southern comfort food taste that much better.
3) It is a nice stadium that’s near downtown and has nice amenities. You won’t have to wait in bathroom lines at all. Also, the Memphis police force keeps a lot of their riot gear near there so if a riot breaks out you will be safe.
4) The game has a sweet flyover. For a while you may think a jet is going to ram the stadium but it’s actually just a FedEx jet doing the flyover. Pretty cool, you don’t see a 737 every day.
5) You can visit where Jeff Buckley drowned. Don’t worry, they said it was a accidental drowning, not depression and suicide from being in Memphis.

Best of luck! Win one for the conference!

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
You just beat me to it, so here's what I was going to post

Oklahoma: Playoffs is obvious #1
Baylor: Got pretty lucky all year but their record shows they are deserving of the Sugar Bowl
Texas: Only picked because of their "big name"
Iowa State: See what happens when you have a fanbase that travels?
Oklahoma State: Good season but losing 2 stars hurts bowl selections
Kansas State: decent record, but poor fanbase leads to Memphis

@surly care to add anything?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
You just beat me to it, so here's what I was going to post

Oklahoma: Playoffs is obvious #1
Baylor: Got pretty lucky all year but their record shows they are deserving of the Sugar Bowl
Texas: Only picked because of their "big name"
Iowa State: See what happens when you have a fanbase that travels?
Oklahoma State: Good season but losing 2 stars hurts bowl selections
Kansas State: decent record, but poor fanbase leads to Memphis

@surly care to add anything?
...I'm sure nothing of value.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Wanted to post my own power ranking now that bowls have been released. The metric I used is bowl prestige/# tie in.

1.) Oklahoma
2.) Baylor
3.) Texas
4.) Iowa State
5.) Oklahoma St
6.) K State
7.) TCU
8.) West Virginia
9.) Texas Tech
10.) Kansas

@surly let me know what you think girl
source.gif

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I believe ISU fans are acting a bit like the ugly rich girl I once knew who flaunted the prettiest dress at prom.

Cyclone fans won the dang day for their team. Bowls below the New Years Six are about bringing fans and money. We all know that. Clearly, ISU has set the pace. Y'all deserve to be proud of the accomplishment. I'm just glad EMAW isn't head to Houston.

The placement based on merit would have been as follows. But we all know Bowlsby's first job is to take care of Texas.

CFP Oklahoma
Sugar Baylor
Alamo oSu
Camping K-State
Texas Iowa State
Liberty Texas

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I believe ISU fans are acting a bit like the ugly rich girl I once knew who flaunted the prettiest dress at prom.

Cyclone fans won the dang day for their team. Bowls below the New Years Six are about bringing fans and money. We all know that. Clearly, ISU has set the pace. Y'all deserve to be proud of the accomplishment. I'm just glad EMAW isn't head to Houston.

The placement based on merit would have been:

CFP Oklahoma
Sugar Baylor
Alamo oSu
Camping K-State
Texas Iowa State
Liberty Texas
You’d rather play Navy in Memphis, than play A&M in Houston?

I question your sanity.

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990 and GTO

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

The placement based on merit would have been as follows. But we all know Bowlsby's first job is to take care of Texas.

CFP Oklahoma
Sugar Baylor
Alamo oSu
Camping K-State
Texas Iowa State
Liberty Texas

Enjoy Memphis. Better than Shreveport. Or Boise.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron