Iowa/Iowa St.

TDclones

Nov 29, 2006
Just watched the Iowa vs Michigan game. Couple thoughts/questions concerning the upcoming game. I do think it will be a good game. If we can hit the outside shot, we should win. However, if the officials let them play, like they did in the Michigan game, we could be in for a long night. Garza should have been in foul trouble early on but they would not call it. He pushes off, hooks people, and backs into players all the time. In the NBA, he would be fine, but in college it should be a foul! He reminds me of Adam "poke in the eye" Woodbury. Are the officials in this game Big 10, Big 12, or neutral? I know in football, the traveling teams conference does the officiating. I just hope they call it tight...both ways!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Conditt is going to need to play well, but I worry that he'll end up in foul trouble early against Garza. They're going to try to exploit our weak interior defense to either have Garza do the dirty work or kick it out to Wieskamp or Bohannon for 3s. Will be interested to see the lineups we roll out.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don't see anyway they can stay in front of our guards. Garza will get his, the key is not letting the perimeter go nuts. Bohannon is the guy that we all know can pull a career night out his ass.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just watched the Iowa vs Michigan game. Couple thoughts/questions concerning the upcoming game. I do think it will be a good game. If we can hit the outside shot, we should win. However, if the officials let them play, like they did in the Michigan game, we could be in for a long night. Garza should have been in foul trouble early on but they would not call it. He pushes off, hooks people, and backs into players all the time. In the NBA, he would be fine, but in college it should be a foul! He reminds me of Adam "poke in the eye" Woodbury. Are the officials in this game Big 10, Big 12, or neutral? I know in football, the traveling teams conference does the officiating. I just hope they call it tight...both ways!

This is the Fran McCafferey way.

Any 'moves' they have is shoving their way to the basket. Mini-Fran does this, Bobo does this, and I saw some clips from Garza's 'offensive explosion' of him doing it. If no charge, it should have been a travel.

Not surprised that they're taught to do this by their thug coach.

I think ISU drops this game. Iowa's players have dreamt of winning in Hilton all their lives, and beating a marginal ISU team fits the bill.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Conditt is going to need to play well, but I worry that he'll end up in foul trouble early against Garza. They're going to try to exploit our weak interior defense to either have Garza do the dirty work or kick it out to Wieskamp or Bohannon for 3s. Will be interested to see the lineups we roll out.

ISU should press and make their guards have to handle the ball, let Garza get his.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree with this. What's with all the angst and anxiety about Iowa all of a sudden? They don't play defense.

I can't remember the last time ISU played well (maybe 2014?) vs. Iowa and the last time Iowa played vs. ISU like they had prior to the game.

Seeing their players beat ISU feeds their bully fanbase even more so since their players are belligerent Iowa fans.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I can't remember the last time ISU played well (maybe 2014?) vs. Iowa and the last time Iowa played vs. ISU like they had prior to the game.

Seeing their players beat ISU feeds their bully fanbase even more so since their players are belligerent Iowa fans.
Sprinkle in our current struggles and inconsistencies and I don't see how any ISU fan can't be worried about this game.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
This is the Fran McCafferey way.

Any 'moves' they have is shoving their way to the basket. Mini-Fran does this, Bobo does this, and I saw some clips from Garza's 'offensive explosion' of him doing it. If no charge, it should have been a travel.

Not surprised that they're taught to do this by their thug coach.

I think ISU drops this game. Iowa's players have dreamt of winning in Hilton all their lives, and beating a marginal ISU team fits the bill.

A lot to unwrap here, but I like it.

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron