Worst NBA coaches in history

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The NBA is a league about the players, not the coaches. Have a great player, a Kobe or two on your roster, and the X's and O"s work a lot better.
Everyone of these coaches on the list had success somewhere, proving they could coach. Not all are suited for the NBA, Sabian was average at best in the NFL, but has won 6 titles in college.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
The NBA is a league about the players, not the coaches. Have a great player, a Kobe or two on your roster, and the X's and O"s work a lot better.
Everyone of these coaches on the list had success somewhere, proving they could coach. Not all are suited for the NBA, Sabian was average at best in the NFL, but has won 6 titles in college.

Ok

dmh

Mar 25, 2017
I actually don't think Horny was that bad. He just coached for two organizations that have horrible front offices.
They should really take circumstances like horrible front offices or rebuilds into account. If anything, Hornacek overachieved given the crap he had to deal with. Hoiberg had 4 different teams and when he finally got a team that fits true Hoiball, it was a rebuild. Plus he had injuries the year he was fired. Tim Floyd was the only one that didn't show anything out of the former ISU coaches.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
They should really take circumstances like horrible front offices or rebuilds into account. If anything, Hornacek overachieved given the crap he had to deal with. Hoiberg had 4 different teams and when he finally got a team that fits true Hoiball, it was a rebuild. Plus he had injuries the year he was fired. Tim Floyd was the only one that didn't show anything out of the former ISU coaches.

Tim Floyd coached New Orleans to the playoffs, with Baron Davis. Lost in 7 to Miami.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Tim Floyd may have gotten a worse deal than all of them.

He had to follow the tearing down and rebuild of one of the greatest dynasties in the history of the league. Probably just not a good fit anyway but he never had a chance and proved how much money talks.

Meanwhile back in Ames ISU had their best season ever.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I actually don't think Horny was that bad. He just coached for two organizations that have horrible front offices.

When he took the Knicks job, the only reason I could think of why, was he couldn't pass up the money, because it was a guarantee that he would fail.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
The only coach that ive read was way way in over his head was Tark for the Spurs. That was a super short coaching stint.

dmh

Mar 25, 2017
Tim Floyd may have gotten a worse deal than all of them.

He had to follow the tearing down and rebuild of one of the greatest dynasties in the history of the league. Probably just not a good fit anyway but he never had a chance and proved how much money talks.

Meanwhile back in Ames ISU had their best season ever.

Who is a good fit with the bulls anyways?????? Have you seen them? I mean since Phil left.... Up and down then Thibs and Boylen...... I mean, what color lipstick does Jim Boylen use!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Who is a good fit with the bulls anyways?????? Have you seen them? I mean since Phil left.... Up and down then Thibs and Boylen...... I mean, what color lipstick does Jim Boylen use!!!

The amount of inconsistencies between the Bulls and Bears is actually quite impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: dmh

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron