Hawks in Lubbock

CnG

Jul 18, 2019
The wife and I went to Lubbock for the football game last weekend. We do road trips for some f'ball and b'ball games several times a year. It never fails that almost without exception, we will see a couple of Hawkeyes fans all decked out in black and gold, at the game. Can someone help me understand what's up with that. If they are going to go to watch good football, at least wear something a little less offensive.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
The wife and I went to Lubbock for the football game last weekend. We do road trips for some f'ball and b'ball games several times a year. It never fails that almost without exception, we will see a couple of Hawkeyes fans all decked out in black and gold, at the game. Can someone help me understand what's up with that. If they are going to go to watch good football, at least wear something a little less offensive.
You mean even less offensive than Iowa's offense?

• Friendly
Reactions: 2020cy

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Same goes for the game watches in Denver. Without fail there is always 1 or 2 hawk fans at our game watches. Sometimes more even though there are at least three Iowa bars within walking distance. I’ve come to the conclusion they’re the big brother with no friends.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I saw a guy at the Alamo Bowl decked out in Hawk gear. Later they showed the same f*ck celebrating on the jumbotron with a bunch of Coug fans. I'm still pissed about that. That was a sh!t move by the Alamo bowl.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I saw a guy at the Alamo Bowl decked out in Hawk gear. Later they showed the same f*ck celebrating on the jumbotron with a bunch of Coug fans. I'm still pissed about that. That was a sh!t move by the Alamo bowl.

I think one of the Hawk fans was a veteran. Perhaps the same one they showed later that got booed loudly.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Ran into people like that in Austin at the Texas game last year. Biggest dicks I think I’ve encountered. After the game one came up and said “nice try bud”