Fun ISU Praise

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
From Bill Connelly at ESPN:

The 10 teams I have enjoyed following the most this year
Each year, I find myself enjoying specific stories and writing about specific teams more than others. The list tends to change from season to season, but here's where things currently stand:

6. Iowa State. There is an energy to watching Iowa State that you don't always see, especially in home games. The Cyclones overwhelmed TCU and eventually overwhelmed West Virginia as well. They are a serious Big 12 title game contender.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
From Bill Connelly at ESPN:

The 10 teams I have enjoyed following the most this year
Each year, I find myself enjoying specific stories and writing about specific teams more than others. The list tends to change from season to season, but here's where things currently stand:

6. Iowa State. There is an energy to watching Iowa State that you don't always see, especially in home games. The Cyclones overwhelmed TCU and eventually overwhelmed West Virginia as well. They are a serious Big 12 title game contender.

TestyAffectionateCowrie-small.gif

Reactions: cygrads

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Here's some more to get you excited, from PFF's Top 25:
20. IOWA STATE
Iowa State jumps nine spots to our 20th overall ranking after a 38-14 thrashing of West Virginia. Brock Purdy continues to excel when throwing deep, posting the 13th best passing grade in the FBS on throws targeted 10 or more yards downfield. One of the only matchups standing in the way of Oklahoma coasting through their regular season schedule, the Cyclones still have a 20% chance of squeezing back into the Big 12 title game.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-pff-top-25-college-football-power-rankings-week-7-2019

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Here's some more to get you excited, from PFF's Top 25:
20. IOWA STATE
Iowa State jumps nine spots to our 20th overall ranking after a 38-14 thrashing of West Virginia. Brock Purdy continues...

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-pff-top-25-college-football-power-rankings-week-7-2019
From the link, tale of two in-state programs at this point in season:
19. Iowa
Iowa gets a much-needed reprieve from their brutal beginning Big Ten schedule. Nate Stanley and the Hawkeyes need to find their rhythm in winnable games against banged-up Big Ten opponents before heading to Wisconsin on Nov. 9. Iowa has had a quick fall from grace and now needs a significant amount of help to maintain relevancy in the Big Ten.

20. Iowa State
Iowa State jumps nine spots to our...

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid