Postgame workplace week interactions

How do Hawkeye colleagues behave in the week after the game?

• Cordial

• Smug and codescending

• Good natured ribbing

• Respecful because game was close

• Poll choices are irrelevant. **** Iowa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There needs to be an option for something similar to a backhanded compliment. They want it to come off as C. good nature ribbing, but they really mean B. smug and condescending.

They won't flat out come out and say it in a Jersey style honest smug way, they will try to hide it while you both know what they are doing, it's just unspoken. They know you won't say anything as it will make you seem weak and defensive.

Not a knock on hawk fans, we'd do the same to them.

Reactions: lets-talk

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Those bandwagon hok fans that tried to get degrees from William Jewell and Kirkwood and Dorkt and UNI get to be pricks for an extra week. Then it's all back to normal.

So you are saying you work with morons.

• Agree
Reactions: Turn2

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Really glad to be living in MN this week! I get to avoid all that BS.

Packers/Vikings talk is about the same though!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don't have to deal with workplace attitude anymore now that I'm retired. And since I retired from working at ISU, didn't have to deal with it while I was working. :D
Hubby had to deal with it, though... :(

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I bet our CFO annually and lost the bet outright the last 4 years. Won the bet on points but lost the game...

The bet is dinner but he always brings wine and he drinks EXPENSIVE wine...

We've both traded a few good natured barbs, several people at my company (Spokane) have asked me about it and I'm done talking about it.

Reactions: NWICY

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Actually have a few coworkers that know they dodged a bullet.
One asked 'Would you like to trade QBs?'
I said "hell no"
'I don't blame you, I'd love have Purdy'

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Actually have a few coworkers that know they dodged a bullet.

Same here in CR. Thankfully I work with and mostly am friends with those fans that actually watch and pay attention to football and know that we let one get away. They openly admit that they were very nervous during the punt...

lets-talk

Jun 13, 2018
The 72 point explosion orchestrated this week by CMC against ULM should go a long way in making that Iowa condescension go away. Iowa fans know that they dodged a bullet aided by the multiple weather aided breaks.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The 72 point explosion orchestrated this week by CMC against ULM should go a long way in making that Iowa condescension go away. Iowa fans know that they dodged a bullet aided by the multiple weather aided breaks.
Huh? Great game no argument but ULMs D doesn’t hold a candle to the Hawks. The Iowa D is probably the best the Cyclones will face all year...thats a good thing for the Cyclones.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

ISU didn't execute very well last week but ULM was also a paper towel of a defense.

ISU's defense, especially in the middle, is still not looking great and that was a huge reason for the loss last week.

Most weeks in college football are not related, and today's especially wasn't. Good for ISU to have a big day though. Gonna need to run the ball and get off the field on 3rd down next week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron