Olympic Redshirts

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
I’ve been looking around Flo and the internet to see if there’s been a list of all the wrestlers who have announced their intention to use an Olympic redshirt. Any out there? If not, we can use this thread to keep track since I’m interested to see how these can affect us around conference and national tournament time in terms of conference allotments for weights and team placing since we won’t have anyone using it.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Here’s what I’ve seen so far, correct me if I’ve missed anyone. I’ll list these by the weight they competed at last collegiate season:

125 lbs:
Vito Arujau, Cornell (rumored)

133 lbs:
Daton Fix, Oklahoma State (not officially announced, but I’m assuming he will)

141 lbs:
Yianni Diakomihalis, Cornell
Jaydin Eierman, Missouri

149 lbs:
None

157 lbs:
None

165 lbs:
Mekhi Lewis, Virginia Tech
Andrew Berreyesa, Cornell (rumored)

174 lbs:
None

184 lbs:
Max Dean, Cornell (rumored)

197 lbs:
None

285 lbs:
None

Last edited:

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Amine of Michigan & Micic of Michigan, I think. But maybe for other countries
I know Micic can wrestle for Serbia, does Amine have another country he can wrestle for? Will admit that I don’t know much about other wrestlers outside the state other than guys that are dominant collegiately or internationally.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Mark Hall has been rumored also but nothing official there. Surprising to hear he might be able to make 74kg still.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I would say close to 0%. He’s ready to go for the college wrestling season. If he took an Olympic RS this year, his senior year would be 2024 Olympics where he has a much better chance of making the team.
He could always Olympic redshirt both.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
149 - Maruca
157 - Teemer
165 - Shields
174 - Anthony Valencia
184 - Zahid
197 - Belshay or Norfleet

Zahid always seemed big at 174 to me. This seems to make sense.

That's a run of some tough guys, and it will definitely be a fun one to watch in January.

Tough break for Colbray.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
There are a ton of team points there. With that lineup I would expect to see Cohlton Schultz go at HW. They could be pushing for a title in Tempe.
They have Tanner Hall set for this year at HWT. Would be very surprised if Schultz burnt the redshirt, as Hall is going to be probably top 5 to start the year.