Jamie Pollard on KXNO at 2:30 pm Thursday

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
What are you anxious about? I guess he's never been inappropriate or embarrassing, so I can't think of where anxiety would come from. I like the honesty he brings.

I'm 100% for JP. His honesty and not giving you "coach speak" is what makes his interviews great. Although, I feel like he can get on a roll in these situations, causing him to get a bit loose and say more than he intended. I don't remember the specifics, but there have been interviews where I remember thinking that I wished he hadn't said something (nothing nefarious). It's fine, it's what has made him successful for Iowa State.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I always enjoy listening to Pollard interviews, while at the same time am anxious about him going a bit too far.

I'll worry about Pollard when he costs ISU 6.5 million dollars in discrimination lawsuits, suspends an announcer for complimenting an athlete then not having the balls to have a press conference about it, and quietly extends his basketball coach's contract so the media doesn't hear about it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm 100% for JP. His honesty and not giving you "coach speak" is what makes his interviews great. Although, I feel like he can get on a roll in these situations, causing him to get a bit loose and say more than he intended. I don't remember the specifics, but there have been interviews where I remember thinking that I wished he hadn't said something (nothing nefarious). It's fine, it's what has made him successful for Iowa State.

TBH I personally enjoy listening to him throw his subtle jabs at TOE. I appreciate the fact that he really doesn't give a rip what some trailer park wearing t shirt fan has to say about him or Iowa State.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I'll worry about Pollard when he costs ISU 6.5 million dollars in discrimination lawsuits, suspends an announcer for complimenting an athlete then not having the balls to have a press conference about it, and quietly extends his basketball coach's contract so the media doesn't hear about it.
You just have to keep your head down and dribble right into that double team...

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Lot of good insight from Jamie on how he got the job, what the job entails, etc...nothing earth-shattering so far.

Biggest news is him essentially just saying the re-entry policy won't change going forward.

• Friendly
Reactions: STILWELLCLONE

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Caught the second half. He gave some good insight on the Chiz leaving and how Chizik and himself learned some lessons from it.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
At least another 18 months of construction on performance center.

By the way....not much appears to be happening at the construction site: https://www.fpm.iastate.edu/webcam/stadium/

Thats because right now they are only working on the utlities side of things. Real construction won't start for a while. The SPC construction contract was just finalized 10 days ago.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron