Could ISU be a featured matchup on Gameday this year?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Isu4meandyou

Nov 18, 2017
I don't see any way we'll host Gameday this year. However, looking at November 17th I'm wondering if we could be in the featured matchup. We'll be in Austin, and if both teams don't stumble before then, I think there's a possibility. Seems to me Duke at Clemson would be the big rival. I think UCLA and USC is that week, but how appealing is that going to be, thoughts?

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I don't see any way we'll host Gameday this year. However, looking at November 17th I'm wondering if we could be in the featured matchup. We'll be in Austin, and if both teams don't stumble before then, I think there's a possibility. Seems to me Duke at Clemson would be the big rival. I think UCLA and USC is that week, but how appealing is that going to be, thoughts?
No real thoughts, but that game is on the Longhorn network. Do not know if that would matter.

Isu4meandyou

Nov 18, 2017
No real thoughts, but that game is on the Longhorn network. Do not know if that would matter.
You are correct but isn't the Longhorn Network owned by ESPN? I never really thought about that aspect of it but who knows maybe that could preclude it

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Unfortunately we're tied to the LHN that day. Sucks, but the alternative is not being in the Big 12....so we have to smile and nod on this one.

• Agree
Reactions: CyDegen and ZB4CY

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
So it's on the longhorn network. How do I get that channel? I don't even know what channel it is on Direct TV. Do I have to purchase that channel?

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Our best chance is against Texas this year or against Texas next year in Ames. If we win out this year and stay undefeated until Texas next year, I could see them coming to Ames.

• Useful
Reactions: Scott34

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Our best chance is against Texas this year or against Texas next year in Ames. If we win out this year and stay undefeated until Texas next year, I could see them coming to Ames.

I think its hard to say for next year being we don't know the Big XII schedule yet.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
And if they come to Ames I will be there just to see Lee Corso put on Cy's head. I know people think he needs to go, but he is my favorite part of the show. Herbstreit helps him out occasionally and that's okay. If anything, it makes me like him too.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
ISU is 3-3. They are not on College Gameday's radar at all right now. If Iowa and ISU start next season ranked and enter CyHawk week undefeated, it could maybe be a possibility. ISU has had some quality victories in the past few seasons, but they've got a lot of work to do to move the needle nationally.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
ISU is 3-3. They are not on College Gameday's radar at all right now. If Iowa and ISU start next season ranked and enter CyHawk week undefeated, it could maybe be a possibility. ISU has had some quality victories in the past few seasons, but they've got a lot of work to do to move the needle nationally.
They won’t come for the Cy-hawk game, it’ll be when Texas comes to town if anything. If both teams are ranked, it has a good shot.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines

Huh? Herby tweeted this week they want to bring Gameday to Ames. The Gameday bear predicted that ISU will be the next town to come off the "never hosted" list. Another pundit gave their opinion that they think we'll get it next year. All of these things have come too over the last few days...so yeah I'd say we have their attention!

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The question is WHEN they come to Ames, where will they put the stage?

Reactions: cyfan21

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Kirk Herbstreit already tweeted out after the WVU he wants GameDay to come to Ames. If we finish strong they'll be here next year.

Reactions: CyDegen