***Official NCAA football week 4 thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Illinois hanging around with Penn State 17-21, 3rd quarter.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Checked out the box, Penn State gave up 8 YPC to Illinois’ 22 attempts in the first half.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
More Penn State fans that ILL fans. Go ILL would just add to the B1Gs issues.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Purdue is up on #23 Boston College in the 1st half, 23-7. Their WR Moore seemed to juggle a catch and then took it to the house on a looong gain. That guy's got jets.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I am proud to say that with all the disadvantaged and beat up Iowa State teams I have watched, they had never given up and mailed it in like Nebraska is presently against Michigan.....totally quitting program on Frost. I love it. (Liberty Bowl 2012 was the closest comparison)

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I am proud to say that with all the disadvantaged and beat up Iowa State teams I have watched, they had never given up and mailed it in like Nebraska is presently against Michigan.....totally quitting program on Frost. I love it. (Liberty Bowl 2012 was the closest comparison)

Just watching the box score online, that is an absolute embarrassment going on over there. Someone just needs to ring the bell and get Nebraska out of there before they loose anymore brain cells. When was the last time they went 0-3 to start a season?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just watching the box score online, that is an absolute embarrassment going on over there. Someone just needs to ring the bell and get Nebraska out of there before they loose anymore brain cells. When was the last time they went 0-3 to start a season?

I think I saw it was 1945.

Edit: 1957 apparently.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Alabama looking incredibe right now. The past few years I've often been surprised how good Alabama and Ohio State have looked even in years they can't really throw the ball accurately. This year it seems they're both capable of having extremely efficient but still athletic QBs throwing the ball, scary for the rest of CFB.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

At what point do you label Nebraska football a "coaching graveyard"? They chased off a successful coach and now have had three failed coaches in a row they had to fire somewhat quickly This year with Frost doesn't say much but if they aren't good next year I think the label starts to fit.

When you think about it they are possibly the most geographically remote P5 program and their conferences recruiting base is nowhere near them. I used to say their ceiling in the modern era was similar to Iowa or Wisconsin but I think I was wrong and Iowa and especially Wisconsin have much higher program ceilings.

They really weren't historically that great before Devaney and I think all that's left of that legacy is the delusion of their fan base.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I still believe Frost will get it done at Nebraska. After all, we sure looked even worse during Campbell’s first 3 games then a switch was flipped. Won’t be surprised to see Nebraska start winning when they get to the Indiana’s and the Minnesota’s of the schedule.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I don't even know what "get it done" at Nebraska means? Will Scott Frost win national championships? no. Every week, half the teams lose.....you can't just keep saying "follow the process" when every coach is saying "follow the process, row the boat, saw wood," etc...... Until there is a sea change, the big and well funded will get bigger and win more. I would love a ncaa football world where Indiana and Purdue beat Ohio State about three years in a row.....not going to happen most likely. One of the rare, joyful execeptions is the downfall of Nebraska football from their own hubris. "Getting it done" for Frost will only be getting an 8 win season every 4 or so and maybe getting a good SEC matchup where they get lucky and win one in 2024. That's it.....but it is so sweet knowing the fans of Lincoln and the money they haved pumped into that semi-pro team previously. NOw we have to wish it upon Alabama and Ohio State.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Huskers getting thumped in the big house. 39-0 at the half

giphy.gif