2027 Football Targets

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I noticed this kid a while back. Figured it was time I got this thread updated. You’ll recognize the famous surname, right? Lots of 6’5” guys with big hops in that family tree, I’m sure. ;)

Right, @brentblum?

Just look at Landon’s HUDL. Sure, it’s 8 man football, but then you go, “Wait, this kid’s only a freshman?!!”

Why yes, he plays basketball, too.

Not to be overly hyperbolic, but at a bigger school, we’re talking a nascent Allen Lazard here.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
2027 seems crazy, I’m class of 26 and now it’s crazy watching guys younger than me getting recruited
I first picked up a recruiting mag called “Blue Chip” from a newsstand that piqued a lifelong interest in the subject. That was my senior year in HS, the guys were all my age.

Multisport publication (football, basketball and wresting), it featured guys like Ralph Sampson, Clark Kellogg, Isiah Thomas, Eric Dickerson, Dan Marino, John Elway—and Davenport’s Roger Craig, who had just stampeded over my high school, with 256 yards and 4 TD’s. In one half.

You do the math. :wink:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I first picked up a recruiting mag called “Blue Chip” from a newsstand that piqued a lifelong interest in the subject. That was my senior year in HS, the guys were all my age.

Multisport publication (football, basketball and wresting), it featured guys like Ralph Sampson, Clark Kellogg, Isiah Thomas, Eric Dickerson, Dan Marino, John Elway—and Davenport’s Roger Craig, who had just stampeded over my high school, with 256 yards and 4 TD’s. In one half.

You do the math. :wink:
I was a Blue Chip subscriber when I was still in high school. I think I may have been one of the very first subscribers because it was hardly a magazine at that time. It was more like a brochure. It came in newspaper print and it was about the size of your average hard cover book, but it was floppy and foldable, no glossy cover like it evolved into.

I remember scouring that thing looking for any reference to an Iowa State recruit. I remember drooling over the measurables of Eric Dickinson in that pamphlet. One of the first guys connected to Iowa State was Keno Laney, a slot back/WR who had a 9.7 100 yard dash time. He eventually signed with Iowa State but was pretty unremarkable. There was another LB type from Missouri with the same speed who Iowa State was mentioned with. I don't know what happened to him.

I think the first impact player we got that was mentioned in Blue Chips may have been **** Cuvelier. Chris Boskey and Mike Stensrud were also listed in Blue Chips, along with some offensive linemen who signed with Iowa State. Good memories.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone