2024 draft prospects

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Thank you Will for breaking that damn streak. Looking to next year, who do we think gets drafted?

TJ Tampa - has a chance to be a first round pick with a big year, should be day 2 at worst.
Jirehl Brock - IF he stays healthy and has a big year, I could see a team taking him day 3. Not a lot of tread on the tires.
Gerry Vaughn - I think has a chance as a day 3 guy. Player comp is Jeremiah George who was a 4th round pick if my memory is correct
Isaiah Lee - Good player, undersized. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a day 3 pick
DeShawn Hanika - Started to come around last year. I think he has a chance to have a big senior year and have a chance to be drafted.

Wildcard
2a8c427f-8b11-477e-8e2b-bcb836372bcf_text.gif

When he's been healthy, Jake Remsburg has been really good. Problem is he has been injury prone. IF he stays healthy and has a good year, I could see him getting a shot.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Tampa and Vaughn are honestly the only guys I think in the discussion right now. Brock would need a massive season just to be a draft pick.

Frak

Apr 27, 2009
Tampa and Vaughn are honestly the only guys I think in the discussion right now. Brock would need a massive season just to be a draft pick.
I don’t know about massive. 1200 yards and 8tds would do it. Just enough to give them some film and show he’s back from the injury. Tire tread is a real thing with rbs in the draft.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Yeah a lot of these guys I listed would have to have things break right to get drafted. I think Tampa is the only for sure pick on our roster.

• Agree
Reactions: Frak

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yeah a lot of these guys I listed would have to have things break right to get drafted. I think Tampa is the only for sure pick on our roster.
“For sure”, likely, assuming nothing we don’t like happens.

There are quite a number of players who could have a big season and get drafted. Including some underclassmen. Given what I’ve been hearing about his off-season development, Tyler Miller might be an example.

• Love
Reactions: nrg4isu

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Thank you Will for breaking that damn streak. Looking to next year, who do we think gets drafted?

TJ Tampa - has a chance to be a first round pick with a big year, should be day 2 at worst.
Jirehl Brock - IF he stays healthy and has a big year, I could see a team taking him day 3. Not a lot of tread on the tires.
Gerry Vaughn - I think has a chance as a day 3 guy. Player comp is Jeremiah George who was a 4th round pick if my memory is correct
Isaiah Lee - Good player, undersized. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a day 3 pick
DeShawn Hanika - Started to come around last year. I think he has a chance to have a big senior year and have a chance to be drafted.

Wildcard
2a8c427f-8b11-477e-8e2b-bcb836372bcf_text.gif

When he's been healthy, Jake Remsburg has been really good. Problem is he has been injury prone. IF he stays healthy and has a good year, I could see him getting a shot.
These are good takes.

Tampa to me could be 1st to 3rd round, but should be a lock to go high.

I can see teams scooping up Darrell Simmons if he gets his act together this year and plays well. He's started a lot of games and is a mammoth human. Also feel like Remsburg when healthy is a quality Big 12 OT, he will have a chance as well.

Gerry Vaughn I would have said years ago "no", but the NFL likes smaller LB's now who can run in space. That really gives Vaughn an advantage in that is the way he plays. He could be a late round guy if he tears it up.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
We went 50 years without a first round pick. TJ is a phenomenal athlete, but unless he’s one of the top 3-6 CBs in the draft next year, he probably won’t be going in the first round.

On our current roster, of the guys we’ve seen get any PT, I would say Orange probably has the best chance at being our next first rounder.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
I'd rather tank for the #1 pick than be a perennial 9-11 win team with a good but not great QB

*Vikings fan
I agree and I feel like if the cardinals ship Hopkins and Murray out, they’re both talented enough the Cardinals should get something good in return, will struggle this year, but then plan for their future next year through the draft.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan92

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
  • Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I’m sorry but he’s not an NFL WR and sadly I don’t think he’s particularly close.
I don’t know man, Landon Akers stuck on a roster for a while. I don’t think he’s a draft pick, and I don’t think he will have an illustrious career, but I could see him picking up a paycheck or two.

Frak

Apr 27, 2009
I don’t know man, Landon Akers stuck on a roster for a while. I don’t think he’s a draft pick, and I don’t think he will have an illustrious career, but I could see him picking up a paycheck or two.

Noel has a lot to prove. He might have the talent to play in the league, but production has not shown up yet. I feel like so far, he’s looked pretty soft out there. I don’t think he cares for getting hit.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Noel has a lot to prove. He might have the talent to play in the league, but production has not shown up yet. I feel like so far, he’s looked pretty soft out there. I don’t think he cares for getting hit.
Which is weird because he was a dawg as a freshman against the Clemson CB that was drafted (Booth I think was his name).

• Agree
Reactions: Frak

Help Support Us

Become a patron