NFL: ***2023 NFL offseason***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We just had a military flyover during the national anthem before a flag football game. This should be fun.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
We just had a military flyover during the national anthem before a flag football game. This should be fun.

The thing is... they took something that people generally haven't cared about in decades and made it fun. It kinda feels like the NBA All Star event, which also is generally fun.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The thing is... they took something that people generally haven't cared about in decades and made it fun. It kinda feels like the NBA All Star event, which also is generally fun.

It's better than what they used to have.... but it's still just painfully awful.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Hawkstalk

Feb 3, 2023

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The Derek Carr saga is pretty entertaining. The raiders have nobody to blame but themselves for signing him to that extension last year. He's got a no trade clause and is going to force their hand, and make them cut him tomorrow. They're not going to get anything for him. No trade. No compensatory picks. He's not going to count much in dead money, which is the one silver lining, but he's going to get a decent contract and be a starter for some team next year, and Las Vegas will have nothing to show for it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Derek Carr saga is pretty entertaining. The raiders have nobody to blame but themselves for signing him to that extension last year. He's got a no trade clause and is going to force their hand, and make them cut him tomorrow. They're not going to get anything for him. No trade. No compensatory picks. He's not going to count much in dead money, which is the one silver lining, but he's going to get a decent contract and be a starter for some team next year, and Las Vegas will have nothing to show for it.
And regardless what I think of his play, I think overall he's a good dude.
I can't believe I'm saying this but the Jets would be a good spot.

Reactions: Gitross

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Good for Carr. Raiders are dumb. Hope the Bears fleece them at the draft for this mediocre draft class of QBs.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I have no doubt that it's possible that Chicago would consider it. I just think it would be really, really stupid. The Bears have spent years trying to find a quarterback. And what do they do with Fields? Trade away big pieces on the defense, and surround him with some of the worst offensive talent in the league. His response was to be electric on the field. Yes, they lost a lot of games, but Fields was basically the only thing they had going. He has some room to grow, but he's got star power. How would he look with a decent offensive line? Or some decent wide receivers?

Why do they want to roll the dice on drafting another QB, when they already have something good going with Fields? Which of the draftable quarterbacks is such a sure thing, that it makes them so much better of a prospect? I just don't see it