NFL: ***2023 NFL offseason***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I think Greg Olsen will move to the “B” broadcast, which is a shame cause he’s very good and miles better than Romo. Not like that really matters being different networks, but still
Olsen was the best color guy the last 2 years, easily.

• Disagree
Reactions: ScottyP

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think he probably is actually done, this time, but fool me once...

Tampa has a significant regression coming up next year. It's not like they were fantastic with Tom, this year, but they have very little cap space, even with him leaving, no quarterback, and a first place schedule, next year. That division isn't great, so they might not be able to go full tank, but if the Bucs are in the playoffs next year, I'd be very surprised

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
lol what?
Yeah, I don't know that I like giving up significant draft capital for a coach. Payton is fine, but is he a first and a second round pick better than other prospects? If Denver doesn't win immediately, this is going to look really bad. They need 10-11 wins next year, or a deep playoff run. If not, they're going to get trashed by the media and their own fans.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yeah, I don't know that I like giving up significant draft capital for a coach. Payton is fine, but is he a first and a second round pick better than other prospects? If Denver doesn't win immediately, this is going to look really bad. They need 10-11 wins next year, or a deep playoff run. If not, they're going to get trashed by the media and their own fans.

I didn't think they had anything left to give after selling the farm to Seattle

I wish Denver nothing but the worst

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Not saying its a sure thing, but Tampa traded two 1st and two 2nd round picks for Gruden, and got a SB win immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not saying its a sure thing, but Tampa traded two 1st and two 2nd round picks for Gruden, and got a SB win immediately.
Oh yeah, I'm aware of what happened with Gruden, but that was a very talented team, built by Tony Dungy, that had gone to the playoffs 4 out of the previous 5 years. Gruden got them over the hump, and then the rest of his run with the Bucs was like a balloon with a steady leak, as those Dungy players aged/retired/left.

Denver has been under .500 each of the last 6 years, and plays in a division with two very talented young quarterbacks. The Broncos are going to be lucky to win half of their divisional games, next year.

At the end of the day, the success or failure of this move rests entirely on Payton's ability to get Russ right. If he can't do that, Denver is cooked, and trading for Payton is going to be seen as a bad move.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Fangio status is interesting. It’s believed agent agreed to a record breaking deal for a coordinator in Miami. Fangio is now reportedly involved in the 49ers and Broncos coordinator jobs