***2023-24 MLB Off-Season Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A complete game game pitched by Yank's Gerrit Cole. These days that is a once in a given week occurrence. Old school, he always wants to stay in the game, and they let him today after a bullpen blow the other day and an injury depleted and already worn out bullpen.

Edit: As to how much baseball has changed with respect to CG's, this is only his 6th career CG and he is considered a top ace. My favorite NYY pitcher as a kid was Mel Stottlemyre. He started 356 games in his career and 152 of them were complete games.

Last edited:
Reactions: CloneIce

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

Degrom could’ve gone down as a top 5 pitcher of all time if he wasn’t made of glass. Unreal how the dude can’t stay healthy. Hopefully it’s nothing but his history indicates otherwise

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

Degrom could’ve gone down as a top 5 pitcher of all time if he wasn’t made of glass. Unreal how the dude can’t stay healthy. Hopefully it’s nothing but his history indicates otherwise

Many people (including myself) thought they might regret that contract. Still early, but not a good start.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

Never gonna celebrate a city losing a team, but at least Oakland folks are a quick trip away from seeing MLB games in San Francisco, and I am enjoying the idea of planning a Vegas trip around a Cardinals-A's series in the future.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
It's a shame about the A's leaving Oakland. First the Raiders, then Golden State, now the Athletics. While I'll always be a Giants fan first, I grew to love the A's and went to quite a few games there over the years. The best single baseball game I ever saw in person was a 2013 playoff game vs Detroit in the Coliseum. A's ownership did not keep their word in negotiating with the city. There was to be a join news conference tomorrow announcing to the public exactly where things stood at this point. But ownership decided to buy this land with the intent to move behind the back of Oakland. So, Oakland's mayor literally said, "Good luck." End of story. <shrug> Guess I will only have one MLB team to call my own now. And lots of A's jerseys as reminders of how much fun that franchise used to be.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Scherzer suspended 10 games.
He’s gonna appeal it and it wont be upheld. There’s been 3 cases of pitchers being ejected for sticky substances since last year and it’s all been by Phil Cuzzi. He used rosin and sweat and when asked he washed it off in front of a MLB official. Totally legal. Cuzzi tossed him because he’s an idiot and thinks he’s the judge and executioner.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
He’s gonna appeal it and it wont be upheld. There’s been 3 cases of pitchers being ejected for sticky substances since last year and it’s all been by Phil Cuzzi. He used rosin and sweat and when asked he washed it off in front of a MLB official. Totally legal. Cuzzi tossed him because he’s an idiot and thinks he’s the judge and executioner.

He's already withdrawn his appeal and decided to begin serving the 10 games.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
MLB has told the Braves to stop doing their big hat home run celebration after New Era complained. So they're upset that players wear an oversized hat for a few seconds after hitting a homerun because the hat wasn't made by them. What a joke.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
The division leaders on May 1

AL
East - Tampa Bay (23-6)
Central - Minnesota (17-12)
West - Texas (17-11)

NL
East - Atlanta (18-9)
Central - Pittsburgh (20-9)
West - Los Angeles (16-13)

Will be interesting to see how long these hold.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron