***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Since Cousins is done after this season, just tank it now and get the high draft pick. I am skeptical that Kewsi will know what he's doing with a pick that high.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hard to argue with a 13 win season. We'll see how things go this year, but if they make the playoffs again, even as a wild card, it will be hard to argue with the path they've chosen. Their cap situation gets much better after this year, playoff run or not, and deals for Jjettas and Hock likely won't be costing too much against the cap until the 2025 season. There's an opportunity to take over as the standard bearer for the division, here. I see no problem with the strategy of trying to seize that.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Hard to argue with a 13 win season. We'll see how things go this year, but if they make the playoffs again, even as a wild card, it will be hard to argue with the path they've chosen. Their cap situation gets much better after this year, playoff run or not, and deals for Jjettas and Hock likely won't be costing too much against the cap until the 2025 season. There's an opportunity to take over as the standard bearer for the division, here. I see no problem with the strategy of trying to seize that.
I think you’re putting too much credence in what was a freakish type of season.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think you’re putting too much credence in what was a freakish type of season.
It can't just be discounted like it didn't happen, though. Last year was successful. No two ways about it. Perfect? Not even close. But definitely a success. Clearly they need to follow it up, but if they put together another playoff run this season, what real complaint can people have with the strategy?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
It can't just be discounted like it didn't happen, though. Last year was successful. No two ways about it. Perfect? Not even close. But definitely a success. Clearly they need to follow it up, but if they put together another playoff run this season, what real complaint can people have with the strategy?
Agreed. And a bad record this coming season doesn’t mean they weren’t a legit 13 win team last season. But they were still huge statistical outliers last season. I think the home playoff loss was an indicator of that.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Last season as a Vikings fan felt a lot like how I imagine being a Hawkeye basketball fan feels like.

• Agree
Reactions: Beernuts

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Seeing that Dalvin Cook wants to be a Jet.

I mean…seriously? Has he thought this through?
That would be dumb. Breece Hall, a guy they drafted fairly high the year before him in Michael Carter, and they drafted a RB in the 2nd or 3rd this year unless I'm mistaken. Maybe they want a more veteran presence back there with the young guys, but holy redundancy...

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Last season as a Vikings fan felt a lot like how I imagine being a Hawkeye basketball fan feels like.
I'll take it, if it means making the playoffs consistently. I'd love to see a Super bowl appearance, but I'd also be very happy to be the Pittsburgh Steelers, under Mike Tomlin, and just be consistently above .500, every year, with periodic very good teams.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Wasn't he supposed to be actually fully healthy this year? Somebody may get a bargain.
Cook would need to take a major price cut before his productivity would be considered a bargain. Don't get me wrong, he's a prenominal running back. But his cap hit far outweighs his value unless he agrees to a significant pay cut

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Kene's being mentioned as the RB2, which would be cool to see. I'm guessing they'll sign a free agent like Kareem Hunt
Don't bet on any signings. The RB room is going to be Mattison, Chandler, and either McBride or Kene. Mattison is going to get every opportunity to start. They really like Chandler. And McBride is a very intriguing prospect for early downs.

Minnesota has been one of the biggest spenders on the running back position as a percentage of the salary cap, and they're still going to be paying dead money for Cook. This move gets them some cap room, but that money is going to go to some combination of Jefferson, Hockenson and/or Hunter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron