***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Doesn't vic fangio run essentially what the vikings were trying to do this year?

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Chiefs improved around 60 ypg and 7 ppg in defense when they switched DCs between 2018 and 2019, but there were some significant personnel changes as well. Having no cap space and few draft picks is going to make it harder for the Vikings to replicate that.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Article is identifying “deep threats” to take pressure away from Jefferson! Lazard doesn’t fit that mold.
I agree that a deep threat would be ideal for them. Jefferson does his best work with mid range routes. Hockenson is short to mid. I think Lazard would be a great addition, as a red zone threat, and run blocker, but I can understand if they feel like they need someone with a different skill set right now,.like a speedster on the outside to take the lid off of the defense, and keep teams from rolling coverage to Jefferson's side. Still think they should kick the tires on Lazard.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Lazard not mentioned.
I’d just go with Quentin Johnson, if he falls that far. Seems like a better option than any of those guys.

Also will mention I’ve seen some odd theories floating about, not only for clearing cap space (as with Theilen), but creating additional draft picks.

Would the staff really get rid of vets like Theilen, Za’Darius Smith and Kendricks? Seems like at some point you’re creating more holes than what you’re gaining.

Renegotiating contracts seems more likely to me. Not so?

Reactions: Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’d just go with Quentin Johnson, if he falls that far. Seems like a better option than any of those guys.

Also will mention I’ve seen some odd theories floating about, not only for clearing cap space (as with Theilen), but creating additional draft picks.

Would the staff really get rid of vets like Theilen, Za’Darius Smith and Kendricks? Seems like at some point you’re creating more holes than what you’re gaining.

Don’t kill the messenger, but it sounds like they’ll go CB with their first pick again after missing on their CB picks last year.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

Maybe trade down to get some extra picks and take Jalin Hyatt in round 2 if he is available. There will probably also be some small speedy types available in round 2. Nathaniel Dell, Josh Downs, maybe Zay Flowers.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I agree that a deep threat would be ideal for them. Jefferson does his best work with mid range routes. Hockenson is short to mid. I think Lazard would be a great addition, as a red zone threat, and run blocker, but I can understand if they feel like they need someone with a different skill set right now,.like a speedster on the outside to take the lid off of the defense, and keep teams from rolling coverage to Jefferson's side. Still think they should kick the tires on Lazard.
I wonder how expensive Lazard will be? I imagine he’ll have his pick of suitors but I am not well read on what the market would fetch for him

Reactions: Cyclone06