***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Take the defense down to the studs and rebuild. Complete overhaul.

However, the franchise has no future with Kirk at QB. He's good, but won't ever get you past a season like this without cutting his contract SIGNIFICANTLY!!

Only two ways to win in today's NFL is:

1) Superstar QB (There is only 3 in the current NFL - Mahomes, Allen, Burrow)
2) Cheap contract QB, build a star studded roster around him

Reactions: cyfan21

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I said last year that Huntley would be a good option for the Vikings. Glad they didn’t do it. They would have lotsa $$$ for defense then.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Vikings should trade for Trey Lance.
QBs that lost to the Bears, and the points their team scored:
Bailey Zappe 14
Davis Mills 20
Trey Lance 10

If you’re going to tank, just trade Jefferson and tank. Maybe don’t take a $9 and $11m cap hit the next two years for a guy that has done nothing to indicate he’s can play in the NFL.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
QBs that lost to the Bears, and the points their team scored:
Bailey Zappe 14
Davis Mills 20
Trey Lance 10

If you’re going to tank, just trade Jefferson and tank. Maybe don’t take a $9 and $11m cap hit the next two years for a guy that has done nothing to indicate he’s can play in the NFL.
No way you part with Jefferson. He’s a once in a generation talent.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I don’t understand how Vikings fans think a different quarterback is going to take them to the next level when there are much bigger gaps in this team. Just my opinion and not trying to pick a fight (I don’t care about the Vikings one way or the other) but genuinely curious to understand this take.

Is it the contract? Or his play?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I don’t understand how Vikings fans think a different quarterback is going to take them to the next level when there are much bigger gaps in this team. Just my opinion and not trying to pick a fight (I don’t care about the Vikings one way or the other) but genuinely curious to understand this take.

Kirk is getting paid a ton, but he’s our guy for at least next season because of his contract. I also like Cousins as the QB. The defense needs flushed and rebuilt from ground up.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

QB is not a problem area. Cousins led a passing attack just outside the top 5 this season, and a top 10 offense overall. Cousins played pretty well today in the face of a stacked defensive front from NY with both Thibodeaux and Lawrence.

The problem areas are defense (both scheme and personnel) and offensive line (which led to a bottom 5-ish rushing attack this year, as well as giving up tons and tons of QB pressures to 3/4 man rushes). There's maybe an issue at RB, too, but those are a dime a dozen anymore.

There's also a gap the last couple games with JJ not being available as a threat when double-covered (which is every play), but I think that's less on him and more on the Vikings not having a true #2 WR. Theilen and Osborn both feel like #3s.

• Useful
Reactions: twincyties

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

However, the franchise has no future with Kirk at QB. He's good, but won't ever get you past a season like this without cutting his contract SIGNIFICANTLY!!

Actually Mahomes is by himself as the superstar QB with a huge cap hit and be a definite SB contender.

Burrow is still on a rookie deal.
Allen’s cap hit is small this year but explodes next year.
Lamar’s cap hit is likely to go way up.
Herbert, Lawrence, Hurts all rookie deals.

So Mahomes has withstood the huge cap hit and is a contender. Rodgers, Tanneyhill, Goff, Cousins and others have a big cap hit, and surprise their rosters have suffered.

I don’t think people get that Allen’s cap hit is $16M this year then for the next several years ranges from $40-51M. Burrow, Herbert and all those others are going to cash in soon, and their rosters will take a huge hit too.

Basically recently you’ve got Brady and Stafford as great veteran QBs on cap friendly deals.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Kirk is getting paid a ton, but he’s our guy for at least next season because of his contract. I also like Cousins as the QB. The defense needs flushed and rebuilt from ground up.
I thought Cousins made some great throws and played well yesterday. That last short-of-the-sticks throw wasn’t good, but it seemed to me he had a ton of pressure and that was the only target he had time to throw to … the Giants defender stuck with Hockensen and made a good play to bring him down.

The huge contract the Vikings gave Cousins is a big reason fans are bagging on him … they’re paying him like a championship QB but he hasn’t brought them one yet. However, when the defense waves feebly at Saquon Barkley slicing through them like a hot knife through butter or stands around scratching their balls as wide receivers run patterns that get them 20 yards of open space, your team just isn’t going to win against high-level competition. That’s not all on Kirk.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

How did the Rams win last year? They didn't fit either category.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I thought Cousins made some great throws and played well yesterday. That last short-of-the-sticks throw wasn’t good, but it seemed to me he had a ton of pressure and that was the only target he had time to throw to … the Giants defender stuck with Hockensen and made a good play to bring him down.

The huge contract the Vikings gave Cousins is a big reason fans are bagging on him … they’re paying him like a championship QB but he hasn’t brought them one yet. However, when the defense waves feebly at Saquon Barkley slicing through them like a hot knife through butter or stands around scratching their balls as wide receivers run patterns that get them 20 yards of open space, your team just isn’t going to win against high-level competition. That’s not all on Kirk.

Injuries really hurt this year and they are just getting older, plus the salary cap situation seems scary. I am worried about the future.

Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron