***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Time to turn the page to '22.

New year starts with the the draft.
With Sauce mostly likely gone, do the Vikes end up with Stingley, McDuffie, or go an entirely different route like D-line?

edit: The Vikes have had a magical season, but it’s time to see how far they can go in the playoffs. My guess is they’ll beat the Giants and then pack it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune78

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’m kind of hoping they trade down the way Penning and Linderbaum have been falling. Trade back, pick up one of those two, and maybe pick up another 2nd rounder. Slick Rick’s ineptitude at drafting d-backs has made me gun shy about that position.
Can’t remember who it was I was listening to on KFAN but he said never draft a safety in the first round since they’re just too easy to scheme around, and also that there is not a single QB in this draft worthy of a first round pick.

Reactions: cyfan21

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I’m kind of hoping they trade down the way Penning and Linderbaum have been falling. Trade back, pick up one of those two, and maybe pick up another 2nd rounder. Slick Rick’s ineptitude at drafting d-backs has made me gun shy about that position.
Can’t remember who it was I was listening to on KFAN but he said never draft a safety in the first round since they’re just too easy to scheme around, and also that there is not a single QB in this draft worthy of a first round pick.
I can't see them drafting Penning at all. Their tackles are set. Linderbaum would be interesting, but I think they have much bigger needs.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I can't see them drafting Penning at all. Their tackles are set. Linderbaum would be interesting, but I think they have much bigger needs.
Agree. If Stingley is gone, I'd like to see them trade down for Linderbaum and Elam.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
We absolutely have to take a CB early in the draft with how weak that group is. It still blows my mind how Zimmer's "specialty" was secondary and yet we're left with this mess. Its mind boggling how this is what were left with after spending high draft picks between Rhoads, Trae Waynes, Jeff Gladney, Mike Hughes, Mackensie Alexander, and Cam Dantzler

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Nope, gotta take McDuffie if Stingley is gone. Look at the roster... This group of CBs might be the worst in the league.
That's what is fun about the draft. McDuffie is touted to be the third best CB on the board, but how much of a difference is the Vikes grade on McDuffie and Elam?
Hope they are not looking at Boothe.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Agree. If Stingley is gone, I'd like to see them trade down for Linderbaum and Elam.
Linderbaum reminds me a little too much of Bradbury. He will make plays in the stretch and second level run game. He is going to be challenged with elite bull rush nose tackles which is one of the biggest problems that the Vikings have had the past few years.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I got 3 rounds of a mock draft finished so far, and here is what I have the Vikings doing...

Rd. 1 Baltimore gives up pick #14 and two 4th round picks so they can draft Jordan Davis. The Vikings land Stingley at #14.
Rd. 2 Vikings take safety Jordan Brisker.
Rd. 3 Vikings take tight end Greg Dulcich.

Reactions: stuclone

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I got 3 rounds of a mock draft finished so far, and here is what I have the Vikings doing...

Rd. 1 Baltimore gives up pick #14 and two 4th round picks so they can draft Jordan Davis. The Vikings land Stingley at #14.
Rd. 2 Vikings take safety Jordan Brisker.
Rd. 3 Vikings take tight end Greg Dulcich.
I don't think there's any chance Stingley lasts til 14. It would be great, but he just performed spectacularly at his Pro Day. I doubt he's even going to be available at 12, let alone 14.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We absolutely have to take a CB early in the draft with how weak that group is. It still blows my mind how Zimmer's "specialty" was secondary and yet we're left with this mess. Its mind boggling how this is what were left with after spending high draft picks between Rhoads, Trae Waynes, Jeff Gladney, Mike Hughes, Mackensie Alexander, and Cam Dantzler
Well Rhodes was a good pick, but he was picked pre-Zimmer. But while Zimmer was there they gave him a big contract when he was hurt and past his prime. So there’s that.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I don't think there's any chance Stingley lasts til 14. It would be great, but he just performed spectacularly at his Pro Day. I doubt he's even going to be available at 12, let alone 14.
Depends on how many QBs are taken. I think there will be 3 (Willis, Corral and Pickett). 4 edge rushers (Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Walker, Johnson) will probably go before #12. Hamilton and Gardner will go before #12. O-linemen Neal and Ekwonu will go before #12. That's 11 players right there.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Depends on how many QBs are taken. I think there will be 3 (Willis, Corral and Pickett). 4 edge rushers (Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Walker, Johnson) will probably go before #12. Hamilton and Gardner will go before #12. O-linemen Neal and Ekwonu will go before #12. That's 11 players right there.
The vast majority of mocks do not have 3 QBs going before 12 though. Their stock has been falling significantly. Could it happen? Sure. And Hamilton has been dropping as well due to a slow 40 time.
I'd be ecstatic if Minnesota could trade down and still get Stingley, but I think he'll be long gone by then.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
The vast majority of mocks do not have 3 QBs going before 12 though. Their stock has been falling significantly. Could it happen? Sure. And Hamilton has been dropping as well due to a slow 40 time.
I'd be ecstatic if Minnesota could trade down and still get Stingley, but I think he'll be long gone by then.
Houston has a ton of draft picks so I expect them to take a QB. New Orleans will probably trade up for a QB. Atlanta should be taking a QB. Seattle could as well, but I don't see Ridder or Howell going that high. I got Hamilton going #11 to Washington, but he will probably be gone by then. There could be a WR or two taken before #12 also. Worst case scenario is the Vikings taking McDuffie, and that's not a bad scenario at all.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Houston has a ton of draft picks so I expect them to take a QB. New Orleans will probably trade up for a QB. Atlanta should be taking a QB. Seattle could as well, but I don't see Ridder or Howell going that high. I got Hamilton going #11 to Washington, but he will probably be gone by then. There could be a WR or two taken before #12 also. Worst case scenario is the Vikings taking McDuffie, and that's not a bad scenario at all.
Don't forget the Steelers possibly trading up from #20 to get Willis.
McDuffie might be, and McCreary and Elam will be there at that spot.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Some of the boards/blogs are discussing the possibility of taking a WR at #12. I guess that's not out of the realm of possibility, as a "best player available" move. Theilen isn't getting any younger, I suppose, but I thought KJ Osborn showed a lot of promise this year.