MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The Twins are still on a roll! That ump last night had a strike zone you could drive a car through.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
When you have millions wrapped up in big names that producing/playing, then it's never going to go well for you. It's a shame. We finally can pitch but now cant hit worth one god damn...

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I'm beginning to sour on Rocco and upper management. They have had successes, but this team is really poor offensively.
Agree. The most recent example is how poorly they managed the Buxton and Correa IL situation. Waiting, waiting, waiting on two guys, who are not hitting anyway, while your club is down two position players. Perfect opportunity to see if two young guys can help you hit but the Twins, again, are probably paranoid about options.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Its almost comical how bad the hitting is. Hitting coach needs to get fired.

I'm certain Correa (2 for 2 with a HR as we speak) and Buxton will come around and they've got some good pieces, but to expect the pitching staff to keep doing what its doing is a lot to ask.

Hopefully they can limp into the playoffs and then have everything click for a few weeks.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I have no idea why they called up Larnach instead of Wallner. That one boggles me.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hopefully they can limp into the playoffs and then have everything click for a few weeks.

no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I have no idea why they called up Larnach instead of Wallner. That one boggles me.
I assume they have something very specific that they want Wallner to work on. Also, Wallner has the reputation for being very bad defensively (aside from the arm). Larnach is only sorta bad defensively.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I assume they have something very specific that they want Wallner to work on. Also, Wallner has the reputation for being very bad defensively (aside from the arm). Larnach is only sorta bad defensively.
But Wallner is hitting the living piss out of the ball right now...... You'd think that would be a priority for a team not able to hit at all.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
And what hot hitting DH would Wallner be taking ABs from? Kirilof deserves ABs. To an extent Taylor, Correa and Jeffers due to the positions they play. This is a team full of guys playing low value defensive positions and not hitting at all. Wasting the pitching to develop defense on a guy that could potentially help them as a DH is stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
And what hot hitting DH would Wallner be taking ABs from? Kirilof deserves ABs. To an extent Taylor, Correa and Jeffers due to the positions they play. This is a team full of guys playing low value defensive positions and not hitting at all. Wasting the pitching to develop defense on a guy that could potentially help them as a DH is stupid.

I'd put Wallner in LF and deal with the defense. Or get rid of Kepler and put him in RF.

When healthy, I think Gallo, Polanco, Correa and Lewis are locked in on IF. Taylor in CF. Buxton at DH, Kiriloff somewhere. Obviously everyone gets a day off here and there, so Kiriloff can bounce around between corner OF and 1B.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
That was a nice comeback win for the Twins today after trailing 3-0 late in the game vs Toronto. Seven runs in the eighth inning, powered by Correa’s grand slam was nice to see.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That was a nice comeback win for the Twins today after trailing 3-0 late in the game vs Toronto. Seven runs in the eighth inning, powered by Correa’s grand slam was nice to see.
Correa has such a sexy swing. Exactly what he needs to be for the Twins today.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Pagone with another three run homer to lose the sweep. Why is Rocco the only guy that can’t see that Pagone just is not a high leverage big league reliever?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
And another double digit strikeout day for the Twins to go along with two errors.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
I’m done with Rocco. Anybody that runs Pagan out there in a save situation doesn’t need to be Managing games in the Major League.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m done with Rocco. Anybody that runs Pagan out there in a save situation doesn’t need to be Managing games in the Major League.
I don’t disagree but I don’t know that that’s all on him. Why does the front office not just eat the contract that is clearly worthless?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron