MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Agree, but now with Gallo and Larnach they could move Kepler to backup center if needed. Throw in Celestino and the Taylor addition seems like crowded field. Some must still be moving along with Pagone (I hope).

I think moving Kepler was a real possibility regardless of the Taylor acquisition.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think the problem is Keplers actually trade value. It’s not that high.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I think the problem is Keplers actually trade value. It’s not that high.

Might not be, but I'm guessing there are going to try and max out the trade value, whatever it may be.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Might not be, but I'm guessing there are going to try and max out the trade value, whatever it may be.
ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Hadn’t heard that. Not being flexible just helps send him down the road.
Except that if true, that pretty much kills what little trade value he had left. That offensive production for the last three years is palatable if someone needed a CF. Not so much in RF. If he was open to being a full-time CF, a righty-heavy lineup that had big hitters in LF and RF that aren't feasible CF might be willing to give up something decent.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Other than Sands and Pagone making the pitching staff, the Twins will field a pretty good club. We’ll see if Gallo brings anything to the plate, and of course there’s Buxton’s health. The Twins should give Cleveland a run for the division.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Every team has questions coming into the season, but man....the Twins seem to have a lot of major ones. It will be interesting to see how they fare. Gallo isn't a make or break, but if a couple of starting pitchers break down or just suck, things get dicey again in a hurry.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Surprised they didn’t keep Ober on the roster instead of Sands, but he’ll be up there soon enough with the first IL. Hope Kirillloff is not out long.
Guessing they want to keep Ober on a starter's schedule and not a long relief role.

Wouldn't be surprising if Maeda struggles and Ober steps in for him after a few weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Guessing they want to keep Ober on a starter's schedule and not a long relief role.

Wouldn't be surprising if Maeda struggles and Ober steps in for him after a few weeks.
One or more of those those 5 will inevitably get hurt and the depth will be long gone. I bet he gets no more two starts in St. Paul

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
who slides to AAA when Lewis, Kiriloff, and Polanco are healthy? Also sucks we are down practically 3 starters to start the year off. Just feels like we are almost too deep in the infield

3B: Lewis (eventually)
SS: Correa
2B: Polanco/Farmer
1B: Miranda (like him better at first)

Thinking outfield depth will be insane too: Kiriloff (could be 1st base too), Larnach, Kepler, Gallo, Buxton, Gordon, and Taylor.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
who slides to AAA when Lewis, Kiriloff, and Polanco are healthy?
Key word. Each one of those issues those guys have are so small thing and Polanco and Kiriloff have things that have lingered literally for years. I hope we have to deal with a crowded roster but...