MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
who slides to AAA when Lewis, Kiriloff, and Polanco are healthy? Also sucks we are down practically 3 starters to start the year off. Just feels like we are almost too deep in the infield

3B: Lewis (eventually)
SS: Correa
2B: Polanco/Farmer
1B: Miranda (like him better at first)

Thinking outfield depth will be insane too: Kiriloff (could be 1st base too), Larnach, Kepler, Gallo, Buxton, Gordon, and Taylor.

I'm curious to see how the fitter Miranda performs at 3B.

I'm not convinced that Kiriloff is going to pan out, though. When Polanco comes back, Castro goes down. They would probably lose Castro when they do that as I doubt he has options left and might get picked up by others. When Kiriloff comes back, its probably Larnach unless his is just crushing it. If Larnach is doing well, I suppose Solano could go down (or released), but more likely they put Kiriloff at AAA until he's crushing it.

Lewis won't be back until June so I assume they will have injuries by then and it will be a moot point. If they have perfect health, it might be Solano.

They other thing to think about in the June/July time frame is trades. I know their starting rotation looks solid, but if they are contending, maybe they go after someone. If the White Sox bomb and rebuild, maybe they could go after a top pitcher on the market, which could cost them a couple of big time prospects while also clearing up some roster questions.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm curious to see how the fitter Miranda performs at 3B.

I'm not convinced that Kiriloff is going to pan out, though. When Polanco comes back, Castro goes down. They would probably lose Castro when they do that as I doubt he has options left and might get picked up by others. When Kiriloff comes back, its probably Larnach unless his is just crushing it. If Larnach is doing well, I suppose Solano could go down (or released), but more likely they put Kiriloff at AAA until he's crushing it.

Lewis won't be back until June so I assume they will have injuries by then and it will be a moot point. If they have perfect health, it might be Solano.

They other thing to think about in the June/July time frame is trades. I know their starting rotation looks solid, but if they are contending, maybe they go after someone. If the White Sox bomb and rebuild, maybe they could go after a top pitcher on the market, which could cost them a couple of big time prospects while also clearing up some roster questions.
Another health concern is Mahle. He's got a history of issues (similar to pretty much most of the team). Why can't Pagan get hurt?!?! Or atleast miss a couple months with an infected hangnail or something?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Another health concern is Mahle. He's got a history of issues (similar to pretty much most of the team). Why can't Pagan get hurt?!?! Or atleast miss a couple months with an infected hangnail or something?

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but my guess is that Pagan gets low leverage situations and is on a short leash this year.

Ideally, they put him in low leverage situations for a couple months and he absolutely destroys it so they can trade him for literally anything.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but my guess is that Pagan gets low leverage situations and is on a short leash this year.

Ideally, they put him in low leverage situations for a couple months and he absolutely destroys it so they can trade him for literally anything.
Probably. But I can't make a reasonable guess. Any logical decision after last years cluster would have lead them not bring him back. Since they did, I have zero clue what they see in him much less where they can use him.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
What is everybody's go to App for listening on the radio? Living in Iowa makes it extremely difficult to watch on TV. Pretty much the only way is the MLB package with a remote VPN, and that is a lot of cost and hassle.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What is everybody's go to App for listening on the radio? Living in Iowa makes it extremely difficult to watch on TV. Pretty much the only way is the MLB package with a remote VPN, and that is a lot of cost and hassle.
I pay to have access to the radio broadcast on my Twins App. It's pretty cheap.

Anyone got any miracle ways to watch them this year in Iowa? I can sometimes get them when they are playing the royals or sox but that's about it other than the national broadcasted games or youtube games.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I pay to have access to the radio broadcast on my Twins App. It's pretty cheap.

Anyone got any miracle ways to watch them this year in Iowa? I can sometimes get them when they are playing the royals or sox but that's about it other than the national broadcasted games or youtube games.
I'm really looking forward to next year when I expect the entire TV process to change. Other than illegal streams, I think the only way is to get the MLB extra innings package (or whatever they are calling it now) and get a remote VPN so it thinks you are not in Iowa. The MLB app has a "free game of the day" but I looked ahead and I don't think the Twins are ever on it.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
XM radio, you can get all Twins games. And listen to the Twins announcers or the other teams announcers. We are trying Fubo. The replay of the Twins is on there right now.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
No idea the validity of this statistic as I stole it from the "Twinkie Town" recap of the game, but...

"Today’s opener will make the Senators/Twins the 2nd franchise in AL history to play in 19,000 games."

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Has anybody tried streaming the games from WCCO radio on the Audacy app? I don't think there's a cost but maybe there is.

If you have T-Mobile, there's a free MLB network subscription for this summer.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Has anybody tried streaming the games from WCCO radio on the Audacy app? I don't think there's a cost but maybe there is.

If you have T-Mobile, there's a free MLB network subscription for this summer.
I pay like 20 bucks to have it on the MLB app. If someone has a way to do it free, I’d be all ears.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron