MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
After the Twins sign their biggest Free Agent ever in Carlos Correa, let's get the new season going.
"We're going to win Twins, we're going to score."

edit: Looks like the Twins will start out the new year with another Correa bang!

Last edited:

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Really surprised by the signing. What do they have for pitching that could win in the post season?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
After the Twins sign their biggest Free Agent ever in Carlos Correa, let's get the new season going.
"We're going to win Twins, we're going to score."
Well your Twins just lost their first preseason game 14-1 to my Red Sox.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Really surprised by the signing. What do they have for pitching that could win in the post season?
The Twins really only have Sonny Gray and a bunch of young guys who would have to really step up in order for them to make the post season.
Maybe they can still add one of the A's guys-- Montas or Manaea.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
The Twins really only have Sonny Gray and a bunch of young guys who would have to really step up in order for them to make the post season.
Maybe they can still add one of the A's guys-- Montas or Manaea.

They'll get Montas or Manaea, maybe both. Potentially Johnny Cueto as well.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
To part of lineup...Buxton, Polanco, Correa...through in Arraez Kepler, Sano, Kirilloff. All of the sudden that's pretty salty. Just need some arms.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Twins finally sign long sought after pitcher Chris Archer.
Unfortunately, they are at least six years too late.
Looks like rumored deals with the A's probably not happening.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is more typical twins. A has been past his prime and barely a 5.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
The A's asking price was supposedly too high. A couple years of control for a pitcher was not worth the multiple top rated prospects that they insisted on. The best option is probably to stay in contention until the all star break and then land a more reasonably priced upgrade near the trade deadline.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Twins still need to trade for a starting pitcher. Frankie Montas would be a great addition.
Sounds like the A's are fine staying put and had a huge asking price. I'm not worried. I'd be fine if they offered Martin, Balanovic and a couple lower end guys right now for Montas or the other A's pitcher, but they can wait a month or 2 and probably make the same move. Price might come down, they might have a better idea which prospects they would give up or find out that Joe Ryan is an Ace, Winder/Balnovic/Duran are ready and Ober is a solid back end guy.

We know Gray will be solid. Archer is a prime rebound candidate and paid low enough that they can cut bait if he's not. I assume the young guys will push Bundy out of the rotation eventually.

Twins will find out if the staff is going to cut it and pay the high price in a couple months, or they find out that the entire team underwhelms and they start a selloff to a retool next year (Correa, Archer, maybe Gray, Sano, any 1 year RP that are crushing it, Urshela, Sanchez if he's revived)

Payroll would be way down, minors would be even more loaded and they could go big fishing next year with free agents and trades.

Reactions: Marcelason78

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I just have a hard time seeing the Twins staying in contention with this pitching staff. Whole rotation is a big question mark outside of Gray. Probably need to win a lot of 8-7 games this season.
I agree but I am buying all the stock I can in Joe Ryan. Got a real good feeling about this guy.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Sounds like the A's are fine staying put and had a huge asking price. I'm not worried. I'd be fine if they offered Martin, Balanovic and a couple lower end guys right now for Montas or the other A's pitcher, but they can wait a month or 2 and probably make the same move. Price might come down, they might have a better idea which prospects they would give up or find out that Joe Ryan is an Ace, Winder/Balnovic/Duran are ready and Ober is a solid back end guy.

We know Gray will be solid. Archer is a prime rebound candidate and paid low enough that they can cut bait if he's not. I assume the young guys will push Bundy out of the rotation eventually.

Twins will find out if the staff is going to cut it and pay the high price in a couple months, or they find out that the entire team underwhelms and they start a selloff to a retool next year (Correa, Archer, maybe Gray, Sano, any 1 year RP that are crushing it, Urshela, Sanchez if he's revived)

Payroll would be way down, minors would be even more loaded and they could go big fishing next year with free agents and trades.
Good stuff. Very well could be their plan and they'll open with what they have.
The early surprise to me is that it seems Miranda still might be the odd man out on the bench. Was hoping he might be part of a young hitting group of Arraez, Larnach, Kirilloff, and Rooker.
And for the money, I wish they would have taken a flier on Big Mike.