2023-2024 Recruits & Transfers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Most of the gambling smoke has been around the football team and sounds like pretty bad news. The wrestling team has also been mentioned being involved in this. Does anyone have any info on if/how this will affect the team?

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Most of the gambling smoke has been around the football team and sounds like pretty bad news. The wrestling team has also been mentioned being involved in this. Does anyone have any info on if/how this will affect the team?
I don't have any answers but you might want to see the comments at separate thread "Wrestling Gambling Issues".

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Got a 4 leg parlay tonight on the Ferrari commitment. I went wife beater and chain combo, Italy flag held up at some point, a flex, and an Iowa verbal
Golden. Mineo has been radio silent which makes me think it’s going to be the hawks.. the only win out of that is that the hawks program burns to the ground.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think the new AD has to be licking his chops at the opportunity to fire brands bros when this blows up in their face. This will no doubt burn their ship

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
In another matter of interest AE plead to a lesser charge of misdemeanor assault yesterday and was sentenced to time served ( 4 days ) and court costs .
Soooo
125: Perryman
133: Redding/Frost
141: AE (Casey RS)/Frost
149: PJ
157: Chittum
165: Carr
174: Gaitan
184: Feldkamp/Broderson/Naak
197: Feldkamp/Broderson
285: Bastida

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Can AE get to 41? I thought he was a little bigger than that. Could be off.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Golden. Mineo has been radio silent which makes me think it’s going to be the hawks.. the only win out of that is that the hawks program burns to the ground.
I know the Ferrari's are great wrestlers, but i do think this is a big risk for Iowa. Last summer there were rumors John W was going to be pushed into retirement, largely because of the legal trouble they brought with them. Its big risk, but potentially big reward.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Can AE get to 41? I thought he was a little bigger than that. Could be off.
He was 141 the last time he wrestled.

Hasn’t AEs performed been mediocre at best? Is he even starting caliber? Can he beat the guys in the room not named Swiderski and Johnson???

I know he has a ton of potential, but folkstyle is not his best discipline, for sure.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Hasn’t AEs performed been mediocre at best? Is he even starting caliber? Can he beat the guys in the room not named Swiderski and Johnson???
He didn’t have the greatest support system at Ohio State to learn folkstyle. Has some of his friends from Cuba in the room every day helping him, plus this staff developed Yonger pretty damn well. Not sure if he is better than Paniro or Casey, but he’s a heck of a talent that will be great to have in the room as a depth piece

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He didn’t have the greatest support system at Ohio State to learn folkstyle. Has some of his friends from Cuba in the room every day helping him, plus this staff developed Yonger pretty damn well. Not sure if he is better than Paniro or Casey, but he’s a heck of a talent that will be great to have in the room as a depth piece
I can’t imagine there’s a deeper room in the country at 49 (or atleast maybe in the ballpark, idk what Cael has). Regardless, Whoever it is at 49 this year is gonna be battle tested and a hammer.