2022 Stock Market

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I sold everything I could that's not locked in a 401(k) or 403(b) in late October for a down payment on a house. Wasn't trying to time the market; that was just when the bank needed the money.

I don't know if I could be happier about my good fortune.
And now real estate has gone through the roof. You are charmed!

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Wonder what the replacement market is going to be for those auto towers? View attachment 99033
There was a Hummer dealership in Davenport along I-80 that included a little “test track” area for their vehicles … a steep man-made hill to climb, stuff like that.

Its now an Alfa Romeo-Fiat dealership, so I don’t think that Hummer testing area gets much work these days.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I hope Carvana does well. Last year I sold them my car and it was almost the perfect selling experience.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm most concerned about a lost decade of investing..

MMT will be looked on as the worst thing to happen to markets in history books for the coming decades. Propping up buybacks and dividends with no emphasis on re-investment for companies using cheap debt
Yep, they've trapped themselves in a situation where it is a choice between a serious drawback or high inflation.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I ALWAYS thought these towers were for a very few overpriced billboards. REALLY? A VERY dedicated warehouse space. Unless you were in down town Tokyo or NYC, what is the purpose?
Seemed like a smart move to me. They are right off the interstate in Kansas City, so it's good advertising. The place they are at has somewhat limited parking and these cars are stored inside. You find your car online and when you get there you tell them which car and 5 minutes later it's been delivered by automation. I can't imagine that it would be super expensive but maybe it would be. Seems less dumb than having to deal with a salesperson.

Reactions: cyfan21

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
The markets need data inflation has peaked or is descending. I don’t think anything changes until then.
Agreed. People are terrified right now. April inflation numbers were 75% lower than March's (4.1% if annualized if I recall). But the annual inflation number they talk about is a trailing 12 month so it still bakes in the really bad months. Most forecasts I was reading earlier this year were talking about a big spike in inflation early in the year with it settling down around 4%. If the April number is the trend then that is what we are seeing now. It'll just take a few months for the "bad" data to fall off and be replaced before that lagging indicator of CPI shows more normal numbers.

CPI

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agreed. People are terrified right now. April inflation numbers were 75% lower than March's (4.1% if annualized if I recall). But the annual inflation number they talk about is a trailing 12 month so it still bakes in the really bad months. Most forecasts I was reading earlier this year were talking about a big spike in inflation early in the year with it settling down around 4%. If the April number is the trend then that is what we are seeing now. It'll just take a few months for the "bad" data to fall off and be replaced before that lagging indicator of CPI shows more normal numbers.

CPI
That is if there isn’t much that changes. We know there are things talked about (not wanting to dive into politics) that could jack it back up.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
The five stages of a bear market. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. We are probably only at Anger. But won't know till it's over.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX