***2022 PGA Championship***

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Ian Baker-Finch with a Mike Gundy reference.

DependableRequiredIsabellinewheatear.webp

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Tiger assessing whether to show up tomorrow.
He should have finished yesterday and flown home. If anyone has a problem (no one would) **** em. I think he probably thinks he needs to get reps in, though, because I'm sure his real target is St. Andrews. He definitely shouldn't play Brookline. If you really want to play, go play the Travelers. Brookline is a waste of time.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I've barely tuned in this week but CBS still stinks at golf coverage. A lot of dead air.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I follow Golf fairly closely and for whatever reason I think I've barely even heard of Mito Pereira.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Are the Hawkeye trolls saying anything about McCarty going 23 over and missing the cut.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
This is his first season on the PGA tour. He was on the Latin American tour out of college then on the Korn Ferry tour through last season.
Mito Pireira got the 3 Korn Ferry win/PGA Tour automatic promotion last summer. Dude can play.

He was involved in the Olympic bronze medal playoff (7 players) which was won by C.T.Pan(Taiwan/ UW Huskie,...current Tour player).

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
He should have finished yesterday and flown home. If anyone has a problem (no one would) **** em. I think he probably thinks he needs to get reps in, though, because I'm sure his real target is St. Andrews. He definitely shouldn't play Brookline. If you really want to play, go play the Travelers. Brookline is a waste of time.

It is great to see Tiger out there. But I feel he should shut it down for 2022. At this point it doesn't seem like his golf game is the biggest issue, but the fitness of his leg. Work on getting the strength back in his leg(s) over the next 7-8 months so that he is in a position to walk 72 holes with "bearable" pain.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
It is great to see Tiger out there. But I feel he should shut it down for 2022. At this point it doesn't seem like his golf game is the biggest issue, but the fitness of his leg. Work on getting the strength back in his leg(s) over the next 7-8 months so that he is in a position to walk 72 holes with "bearable" pain.
There’s no chance he’s going to miss the Open at St. Andrews. He’s said it’s his favorite course in the world. I also question how much better the leg will ever be. I think it might just be a question of managing the pain and getting back tournament ready.