***2022 PGA Championship***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
There’s almost a guarantee that one or both of the next rounds will be a hobble show.

The difference between Thursday and Friday was incredible.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I was wrong. Tiger still looks terrible (hurt/pain wise, not necessarily ball striking), but showed a LOT of guts on the back 9. Will play the weekend.
He earned that one, usually these guys make everything look so easy, that round did not look easy. Going to be a rough weekend though.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
A lot of damn good golfers didn’t make the cut. Tiger is clearly not there yet, and may never be there again, but it’s still impressive to be competitive given his situation
the dude almost lost a leg, had to rebuild his balance and strength in his base, is north of 40, took over a year off from competitive golf, has part of his spine fused together, and just shot in the low 70s on the longest par 70 in major history. it is amazing what he is doing.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I think the CBS crew is way, way better
The same production company providing the video/audio.

The ball disappears against an overcast sky.

I have clients who have paid "vacations" doing video and audio on the course. Hilton Head, TPC Sawgrass,,...all expenses paid plus wages.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The same production company providing the video/audio.

The ball disappears against an overcast sky.

I have clients who have paid "vacations" doing video and audio on the course. Hilton Head, TPC Sawgrass,,...all expenses paid plus wages.
Huh, must be the worst overcast sky they've had in the last ten years, because I haven't seen them lose the ball that much in recent memory.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Huh, must be the worst overcast sky they've had in the last ten years, because I haven't seen them lose the ball that much in recent memory.
I don't know if the cameras were just in bad spots or what, but it did seem like way more shots than usual where the camera guy had no idea where to pan to.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
There’s almost a guarantee that one or both of the next rounds will be a hobble show.

The difference between Thursday and Friday was incredible.
He was walking fine Thursday until on one swing he tweaked something (don't remember which hole). It almost looked like an ankle thing. He's been limping consistently since. Hasn't seemed to effect his game though.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
I don't know if the cameras were just in bad spots or what, but it did seem like way more shots than usual where the camera guy had no idea where to pan to.
Living in Tulsa, I can say it was very overcast today. Add in the wind with 40 mph gusts, and it would be very difficult to track.

A friend who works in the sports video business and has worked many golf tournaments (not under contract for the PGA) agrees.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Another day, another constant ball-cupping of Justin Thomas as he fails again in a major.
Maybe, but thru 2 rounds he has probably been the most impressive player having to play in the bad wind in both his rounds.