NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That seems like a lot for an announcer. Like is that really going to make more people tune in? Maybe the first couple times he does it but I can't say I've ever tuned into a game because of who's announcing. The announcer is just whoever they happen to assign to the game I want to watch.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
This is was his plan. He has always taken below market level deals with an understanding that he could make a ton from his own marketing and a future in broadcasting.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This is was his plan. He has always taken below market level deals with an understanding that he could make a ton from his own marketing and a future in broadcasting.
I don't understand why they'd be mutually exclusive, though. He's been in the GOAT discussion for a long, long time. The broadcast career wasn't going anywhere, regardless of what his NFL salary was

Reactions: Clonefan32

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't understand why they'd be mutually exclusive, though. He's been in the GOAT discussion for a long, long time. The broadcast career wasn't going anywhere, regardless of what his NFL salary was

Yah, that line of thinking doesn't make any sense. I cannot imagine Fox saying they wouldn't be willing to pay him at a high clip because he already made plenty of money during his playing career.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
There's not mutual exclusivity, I'm only saying he always took the lower salary with the knowledge he would fall back on more money post-playing career. He could have taken a higher salary and also done broadcasting too, but he didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: IASTATE07

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That seems like a lot for an announcer. Like is that really going to make more people tune in? Maybe the first couple times he does it but I can't say I've ever tuned into a game because of who's announcing. The announcer is just whoever they happen to assign to the game I want to watch.
If there's two games on that I don't necessarily care about I'll definitely choose the one with the less awful announcer sometimes, I'm looking at you Troy Aikman.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If there's two games on that I don't necessarily care about I'll definitely choose the one with the less awful announcer sometimes, I'm looking at you Troy Aikman.
I can see that, I suppose. For me, announcer is pretty far down the list of things I care about. Even if they're noticably bad/annoying like Jon Gruden, they just become background noise to the action. I don't understand why any announcer would be worth $37 million a year, but Fox can spend their money how they want I guess.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I can see that, I suppose. For me, announcer is pretty far down the list of things I care about. Even if they're noticably bad/annoying like Jon Gruden, they just become background noise to the action. I don't understand why any announcer would be worth $37 million a year, but Fox can spend their money how they want I guess.

It's more noticeable to me during basketball games than football. Likely because the action is more continuous, a bad announcer can just drone on and on, to the point of distraction.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
For you Packers fans here is a leak of at least some of the Packers schedule:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron