***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Yeah, I think there is TE value later. Picking up a potential starting ILB was a better value at that spot in my opinion.
Asamoah is a starter? Probably not for a couple years. I like him, just thought he was someone we could have landed in round 4. It always seems like Oklahoma defensive players usually don't seem to live up to the hype. Hope that's not the case here.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Asamoah is a starter? Probably not for a couple years. I like him, just thought he was someone we could have landed in round 4. It always seems like Oklahoma defensive players usually don't seem to live up to the hype. Hope that's not the case here.

Sorry, I should have said future starter.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
So what's left?

Tight end is now the biggest need. Maybe take a WR at some point? A tackle? Another corner? Would like to see a d-lineman to add some depth there. Amare Barno is an intriguing DE prospect. Dominique Robinson is another. A lot of WRs are gone already. I like Heiligh out of Coastal Carolina as a later round sleeper.

Any particular players you guys are hoping to get?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
So what's left?

Tight end is now the biggest need. Maybe take a WR at some point? A tackle? Another corner? Would like to see a d-lineman to add some depth there. Amare Barno is an intriguing DE prospect. Dominique Robinson is another. A lot of WRs are gone already. I like Heiligh out of Coastal Carolina as a later round sleeper.

Reactions: demoncore1031

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
So what's left?

In all honesty, they probably just go best player available with their last 5 picks.

Cyclones can fill some holes.

Kolar or Allen at TE (or another TE I guess).
Enyi would be nice depth as a 3-4 DE.
I'd go another interior OL.
Best Edge Rusher they can find.
Lets go with Brock Purdy in RD 7.

Reactions: demoncore1031

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Edge Kingsley Enagbare is easily the top rated guy on PFF's board, but I hope the Vikes take Charlie here.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Vikings started the draft with 3 picks in the first 4 rounds. They ended up with 5 guys in the first 4 rounds.

They started with 1 5th round pick, 3 6th round picks and 1 7th round pick. They now have 2 5th's, 2 6th's and 1 7th.

Can argue that they are just trading down and getting a bigger volume of picks.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Vikings started the draft with 3 picks in the first 4 rounds. They ended up with 5 guys in the first 4 rounds.

They started with 1 5th round pick, 3 6th round picks and 1 7th round pick. They now have 2 5th's, 2 6th's and 1 7th.

Can argue that they are just trading down and getting a bigger volume of picks.
Not many difference makers to be found in those rounds.