***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I mentioned earlier I was at lastnights game. I do think one glaring error was the wide receiver, Henry for the Patriots caught that ball at the goal line. You could see the fingertips of his glove underneath and he had control. They showed it a hundred times on the big screen....
I don't know about it being an incompletion, but it definitely wasn't a touchdown. He hadn't established possession, evident by his bobbling of the ball.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I mentioned earlier I was at lastnights game. I do think one glaring error was the wide receiver, Henry for the Patriots caught that ball at the goal line. You could see the fingertips of his glove underneath and he had control. They showed it a hundred times on the big screen....
Hand under the ball when going to the ground does not guarantee a catch. By rule, the ball has to be completely secured after going to the ground. Henry clearly was bobbling the ball after hitting the ground.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
They showed close ups on the TV replay and they were adamant it was incomplete. You could see the ball touch the ground when he rolled and then it bounced around. The NBC NFL rules guy said it was clearly incomplete and would be overturned.
It took a lonnnggg time for the official to call it and I agree part of the football touched the ground but his hands were underneath it and he controlled it. Oh well... My 2 cents

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Kene, 4 years at ISU, only 4 rushing TD, 1 return TD in 92 trys, 57 total yards receiving.
How did that happen?
It's not like the Vikings are utilizing him as a receiver or even running back really. Kene is in the NFL because of his elite speed, not so much his skillset as a ball carrier or receiver. He was also hurt off and on pretty much the whole time he was in Ames and played behind 2 bona fide NFL running backs.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's not like the Vikings are utilizing him as a receiver or even running back really. Kene is in the NFL because of his elite speed, not so much his skillset as a ball carrier or receiver. He was also hurt off and on pretty much the whole time he was in Ames and played behind 2 bona fide NFL running backs.
I’m still shocked he never transferred. He would have had every reason to.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
To be fair, I don't think Kelce's was a TD either.

The difference is that Kelce had established possession, and Henry hadn't. Kelce had 2 feet down, and then a knee when the ball came loose. Henry had only gotten one foot down when the ball came loose.

Reactions: joefrog

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Nope. You can see part of the ball hit turf and then he had to get control again. No catch

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Checking in...should be a great game today (Jets)!

I'm gonna root for the Vikes. Wishing Breece was there and playing. :(

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Tough start for Cousins but looked a lot better that drive. Nice blocking from the o line on that TD run

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Really would like to get to half without giving up an easy score now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron