***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Kwesi is very analytics driven. He's not making trades just to make them. As fans, we might not see the strategy, but I guarantee that there's one at play. It may turn out to be a bad strategy, but nobody knows that yet, and our thoughts, as fans, on what they should do and who they should pick, are barely informed at best.
Agree, the fans don't know a whole lot, so we can only go by the collective of 'experts' who evaluate things for a living. Of course they can be wrong as well, but his is what I'm seeing;
Only two picks lived up to their draft grade-- Booth and Asamoah.
Cine and Evans taken one round early.
Ingram and Chandler taken two rounds early.
Otomewo, Lowe, Nailor and Muse all projected as UDFAs.
Very average draft, at best.
Maybe they all play better than their grades. Look forward to seeing how these same 'experts' evaluate the Vikes draft.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Agree, the fans don't know a whole lot, so we can only go by the collective of 'experts' who evaluate things for a living. Of course they can be wrong as well, but his is what I'm seeing;
Maybe they all play better than their grades. Look forward to seeing how these same 'experts' evaluate the Vikes draft.
Most people had Lowe and Chandler as mid round picks. I Lowe going 3rd and Chandler in the 4th. Had Muse in round 7, and then Otomewo and Nailor going undrafted. Can't remember where I had Evans going. 5th I think.

Reactions: CYISFLY

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

PFF had cine as a first rounder. Vikings had him in the teens.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I actually had him going to Minnesota at pick 46. Was really wanting him to be a Viking. Last week, before doing my final mock draft, I had him going to Tennessee with pick 26. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by this kid in a couple years.
He will get a ton of playing time this year. Maybe start.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Here's a perfect example of why making judgements at the time of the draft is nearly meaningless.

Check out Dallas with their A grade and Seattle with their D.

Steals and reaches don't mean much outside of this 3 day period. After today, it's all about can you play or can't you.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Here's a perfect example of why making judgements at the time of the draft is nearly meaningless.

Steals and reaches don't mean much outside of this 3 day period. After today, it's all about can you play or can't you.
True, but I'd rather start with the Jets' picks.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That’s somewhat concerning.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Kwesi is very analytics driven. He's not making trades just to make them. As fans, we might not see the strategy, but I guarantee that there's one at play. It may turn out to be a bad strategy, but nobody knows that yet, and our thoughts, as fans, on what they should do and who they should pick, are barely informed at best.

I get the feeling that Kwesi is doing his version of Moneyball. He's got players on his board ranked the way he thinks they will fit what they're trying to do and that means they won't necessarily fall in line with "normal" ranking systems. He's going to get his guys where he thinks he has to doesn't matter where the "experts" have them.

Although when you listen to him talk he always makes a point to say it's not just "him" or "me", it's "we"...so I think it's very much a collaborative effort even with the draft.

• Informative

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I get the feeling that Kwesi is doing his version of Moneyball. He's got players on his board ranked the way he thinks they will fit what they're trying to do and that means they won't necessarily fall in line with "normal" ranking systems. He's going to get his guys where he thinks he has to doesn't matter where the "experts" have them.

Although when you listen to him talk he always makes a point to say it's not just "him" or "me", it's "we"...so I think it's very much a collaborative effort even with the draft.

I would be concern if the team just used consensus rankings to draft.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I would be concern if the team just used consensus rankings to draft.

I meant how teams evaluate and rank their prospects. I think a lot of teams use a similar system and I don't think Kwesi's/the Vike's is anything like that.

And fans are freaking out that they're drafting players too early based on "expert" rankings when they have no idea how the Vikes have them ranked...which of course happens every year no matter who the GM is...but it just seems more than usual because this was Kwesi's first draft.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Nobody knows for sure how the Vikings picks will pan out.
One thing we know for sure is the new GM is an idiot for handing Detroit and GB better players and not asking for enough in return.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

That is hilarious, and why I don’t pay too much attention to the draft. The other thing that jumps out is how few guys are actually impact players. I always laugh at this draft geeks and analysts getting all jacked up about every 4th rounder and how they are going to fit into what the team needs. Yeah just be happy if they are still on the roster in 3 years.

I would say those 2012 grades were random, but it was far worse than that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Golfer had the "I'm smarter than you sanctimonious vibe", so if you're getting that again....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron