MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Missed Steve Stone's call on the Twins historic triple play, but it must have been something like--
"The Sox have to know that you just can't run on any ball hit to the gap when Byron Buxton is in center."

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Missed Steve Stone's call on the Twins historic triple play, but it must have been something like--
"The Sox have to know that you just can't run on any ball hit to the gap when Byron Buxton is in center."
Moncada had an interview question on it. He thought when Buxton looked to see where the wall was that the ball had dropped at that point. Amazing that Buxton has developed the ability to look away from the ball and still make that catch.

Reactions: Marcelason78

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Moncada had an interview question on it. He thought when Buxton looked to see where the wall was that the ball had dropped at that point. Amazing that Buxton has developed the ability to look away from the ball and still make that catch.
Hard to believe that was the first 8-5 triple play in MLB history.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Sano finally starting rehab games down in Sarasota yesterday. Went 0-4 as a DH.
Hopefully he can show something in the minors in the three weeks and maybe somebody will allow the Twins to include him in a trade.
Will be tough though, as the Twins had to pay some of Rogers salary in that trade, so they'll most likely have to eat most Sano's contract.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hopefully he can show something in the minors in the three weeks and maybe somebody will allow the Twins to include him in a trade.
Will be tough though, as the Twins had to pay some of Rogers salary in that trade, so they'll most likely have to eat most Sano's contract.
I forgot they had to pay some of that. Man….. what a joke that was.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I forgot they had to pay some of that. Man….. what a joke that was.
We can only hope Falvey doesn't get fleeced again with Paddack/Pagan/Medina type trade and comes thru with another Ryan level addition.
I'm sure he's been talking with the Pirates, along with every other 'contender'.

kurimski

Apr 11, 2006
My how far Sano has fallen. I remember his rookie year he was such a stud. Getting compared to Miguel Cabrera and so many people were envisioning what he and Buxton could do in the future. Now I just hope Sano never plays as a Twin again. If they can trick someone to trade for him great, but I doubt anyone is that stupid. Just cut him. Don’t take at bats from Miranda, Kirilloff, or anyone else who is a much better hitter than Sano.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Last nights game showed why they should not waste a single AB on Sano. That ship has sailed. If he’s not in the future plans (is contract is up this year), then why in the world would you let him take ABs from the young guys?

• Winner
Reactions: stuclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Falvey and the pen….

work-problem-raise.gif

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
They lost? I saw they were tied in the 10th with runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Figured they'd get at least one in.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Players, especially pitchers have intro videos for when they come into the game. Idea:

“And now, entering the game for the Minnesota Twins…. Pitcher…. Emilio PAAAAgan!”

2c02c8202afb05c9c41ed572181b78eb.gif

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
When Rocco trotted out our fifth best (maybe) reliever in the 10th, I was hoping he would walk the first batter to help him out with a possible double play. Nope. Throws wild when behind to put a man on third.
With one out and runners at the corners, load the bases to give you the force. Nope.
Analytics must have said Sox line-up dictated otherwise.
Arraez and Gio looked great today.

Last edited:

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
When Rocco trotted out our fifth best (maybe) reliever in the 10th, I was hoping he would walk the first batter to help him out with a possible double play. Nope. Throws wild when behind to put a man on third.
With one out and runners at the corners, load the bases to give you the force. Nope.
Analytics must have said Sox line-up dictated otherwise.
Arraez and Gio looked great today.
That was disappointing to say the least....

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Rangers won it against our best reliever so you just have to tip the cap.
Encouraging to see Duffey have another scoreless outing. Six outings in a row now?
Really hope that Rocco allows some of the bullpen to go two innings when possible.