MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Pagan and Duran are giving up too many free passes, but the Twins pitching still getting the job done.
Love seeing these guys (Buxton and Winder) matching franchise records.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Twins moms happy.
Another pitching injury but they win anyway. Bring on the trashcan bangers.
38c92283-3273-4ec5-a432-130c1e282950_text.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This metering the number of games seems ill-advised. It's like they believe the division is again so weak at this point in the season (and Twins look as good as the Sox and Guardians look bad right now) that they can win it with Buxton playing 60-70% of the games. JFC, they could at least DH him, that new homer power. It get he's been injury prone but some of that is bad luck and some of that is on him running into walls. It's not like he is a delicate and fragile flower.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
This metering the number of games seems ill-advised. It's like they believe the division is again so weak at this point in the season (and Twins look as good as the Sox and Guardians look bad right now) that they can win it with Buxton playing 60-70% of the games. JFC, they could at least DH him, that new homer power. It get he's been injury prone but some of that is bad luck and some of that is on him running into walls. It's not like he is a delicate and fragile flower.

I'm sure they are looking at all of the data. And frankly, he is a delicate and fragile flower.

I'm love to see a graph of when his fluke injuries happen. Do they happen the day after a day off, or after several playing in a row. If they happen after playing several days in a row, then it makes sense to give him more time off.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Going into a very soft portion of the schedule. Need to win every series through the rest of May/early June before a tough 9 game stretch against the Blue Jays, Yanks, and Rays

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Didn't realize the Twins were so bad in Oakland. Only won seven of the last 30 and a chance to win their first series there in 11 years tonight.
Hope this unbelievable pitching holds up. Love seeing Royce and Ryan showing the young guys how it's done.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Glad to have Correa back, but sending your hottest hitter back to Triple A is really stupid. Lewis can at least hit DH, or play part time at short, third, or LF. Feel bad for Royce.
Twins obviously think it's more important he gets reps everyday at AAA short.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Glad to have Correa back, but sending your hottest hitter back to Triple A is really stupid. Lewis can at least hit DH, or play part time at short, third, or LF. Feel bad for Royce.
Twins obviously think it's more important he gets reps everyday at AAA short.
I agree, but I am somewhat happy because I am going to an I-cubs vs Saints game next week and will at least get to see Royce play