2022 ISU NFL rookie prospects

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
That was pretty much 10 years ago. Damn.

200.gif
I’m also thinking about how we’re seeing a rookie out there. Which that’s been nearly 20 years now.

By their later years I lost track of Seneca and Sage during that time of year since they were so established.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Andrew Mevis hitting from 47 yards out with Doug Pederson and Shad Khan watching.

Also, looks like Andrew got #42

I am a little bit surprised the Jags aren't trying him out at RB... Mevis averaged the most yards per rush on the team last year. By a lot.

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I've seen a handful of Rams writers saying that Hummel has a good shot at making the 53-man roster in LA. They are thin at LB, and he could likely be a primarily ST player.

This is from The Athletics Rams writers about their UDFA class:

Jake Hummel, Iowa State, ILB

Baumgardner: Really good football player who did a lot of stuff in Iowa State’s 3-3-5. There were situations where he’d line up and rush the passer off the edge, or flex out and run with a faster tight end. He’s very light (225), but a complete athlete. Has interesting coverage potential in the box and was pretty much trusted with everything but driving the bus in college. Played in five bowls, which is insane.

Rodrigue: Hummel has a real shot at cracking this roster or at least sticking as a priority practice squad player (he’ll compete more so with Jake Gervase, the converted safety, and Christian Rozeboom than he will with Travin Howard, who is currently the Rams’ ILB3).

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

One spot open here. Chenal/Gay/Bolton locks and just signed Jermaine Carter. Have to think Darius Harris has early leg up but not out of picture for Mike.