2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

Cykobabble

Oct 22, 2009
Anybody hearing much on Nwankpa? Is it OSU or Notre Dame still? Is he planning any visits here in the next week or two?
He's taking his last official visit to Iowa City this Saturday night vs Penn St. High on Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Iowa.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
He's taking his last official visit to Iowa City this Saturday night vs Penn St. High on Notre Dame, Ohio St, and Iowa.
I looked at his 247 profile and saw that too. Really confused on what happened with him. Are his parents Iowa fans/alumns? Cannot understand why hed consider TOE over the good guys. OSU I get - and I’d imagine that’s where he’d end up.

Cykobabble

Oct 22, 2009
I looked at his 247 profile and saw that too. Really confused on what happened with him. Are his parents Iowa fans/alumns? Cannot understand why hed consider TOE over the good guys. OSU I get - and I’d imagine that’s where he’d end up.
I heard the reason is because ND, Ohio St and Iowa, are successful at developing players and then getting drafted in the NFL. I guess ISU doesn't currently put enough players in the NFL. Chances are best with these three.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I would guess a few factors. Iowa to NFL history, Phil Parker and his history developing DBs and the fact he has a lot of friends on the team. He is also apparently close with the Kaspers and obviously they are Hawk fans.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Safe to say the staff sees Hunter Deyo playing OL and is targeting a DT for the '22 class

I'm not sure we can say that confidently. I think it's more that while recruiting R Mason Thomas they identified Moten as a DT prospect that has been under the radar. DT is still one of the hardest positions to recruit, you don't pass up an opportunity to get a quality guy unless the room is completely full.

All that said, it will be very interesting to see where Deyo ends up. It will also be interesting to see if we can get another OL late in this cycle.

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Surprised they're looking for more DL this class. Had a friend at Elkhorn south tell me Heacock was there last Thursday talking to Maverick Noonan and Koy Wilke.

Reactions: NATEizKING

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I would actually really be up for the idea of Deyo on the OL. Think we need the help there more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron