2022 Football post mortem/looking forward

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
What? It takes 2 minutes to look up the teams with the top special teams units in the country and see they’ve got special teams coordinators
1. South Carolina - No dedicated ST coordinator
3. Arkansas St - No dedicated ST coordinator
6. Texas - No dedicated ST coordinator
7. Bama - No dedicated ST coordinator

Need I go on?

Dowwmeow

Sep 24, 2022
A couple of other team coaching notes...Leipold from KU just received a pay raise...doubling his current salary to $7M per year with assistants receiving a combined $3M per year, along with a $300M pledge to upgrade the stadium. NW coach fired a number of assistant coaches, although the coaching seat is as hot as Frost's was this year.

Best coaching deal in the Big 12 by far...KSU with Kleiman...$2.7M per year...plus performance bonuses.
The Omaha stations just announced Matt Ruhle’s compensation package with Nebby. 8 years ,74 million. 90% of his salary is guaranteed. Additional $7 million dollar pool for assistants. Holy Bugeaters. Puts Nebraska in Top 10 schools for both head coach and assistant compensation. That’s a lot of coin…I don’t care who you are.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Michigan, Bama, Tenn, UGA and USC all have ****** ST since they don't have a dedicated coordinator
The top special teams units in the country:
1. South Carolina - Pete Lambo, AHC/ST Coordinstor
2. San Diego State University - Doug Deakin, AHC/ST Coordinator
3. Arkansas State - Jake Schoonover, ST coordinator/Defensive Assistant
4. Mississippi State - Erik Mele, Assist. Coach, ST Coordinator
5. Notre Dame - Brian Mason, Special Teams Coordinator
6. Texas - Jeff Banks, Assistant HC/TE’s/ ST. Coordinator
7. Alabama - Cole Hutzler, Special Teams Coordinator/LBs
8. Cincinnati - Kerry Coombs, Special Teams Coordinator/Cornerbacks
9. Michigan - Jay Harbaugh, Special Teams Coordinator/safeties
10. Kansas State - don’t have a dedicated ST coordinator

What do the top 9 special teams units in the country have in common?

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

see the bolds - looks like a bunch of guys with part time jobs

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
The Omaha stations just announced Matt Ruhle’s compensation package with Nebby. 8 years ,74 million. 90% of his salary is guaranteed. Additional $7 million dollar pool for assistants. Holy Bugeaters. Puts Nebraska in Top 10 schools for both head coach and assistant compensation. That’s a lot of coin…I don’t care who you are.
Thankfully we don't have to compete with that... cause we can't. Secondly, Nebby will still F it up.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
see the bolds - looks like a bunch of guys with part time jobs
It looks like a lot of ….wait for it…. special teams coordinators. Instead of a random coach being forced to coach a special teams unit he has no idea how to coach.

I’ve never once said we need a special teams coordinator who only does special teams. There’s a huge different between a special teams coordinator, and multiple position coaches who are forced to coach one unit of the special teams

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014

Their ST coach also has another role

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
It looks like a lot of ….wait for it…. special teams coordinators. Instead of a random coach being forced to coach a special teams unit he has no idea how to coach.
You're incapable of making an argument without contradicting yourself. It's hilarious.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

9 of the top 10 ten teams do not have a dedicated Coach for ST only.

8 assistant coaches that are position coaches with ST coordinator as well.

Only Notre Dame has a dedicated ST only Coordinator without coaching a position.

So Matt Campbell just needs to give an assistant a ST Coordinator title and our problems are solved.

• Winner

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
9 of the top 10 ten teams do not have a dedicated Coach for ST only.

8 assistant coaches that are position coaches with ST coordinator as well.

Only Notre Dame has a dedicated ST only Coordinator without coaching a position.

So Matt Campbell just needs to give an assistant a ST Coordinator title and our problems are solved.
When did I ever say “the special teams coordinator should only coach special teams?”

I’m not surprised you guys don’t understand what I’m saying lol, it’s really not that complicated if any of you have ever stepped foot in a football program before. And I can tell most of you never have

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
When did I ever say “the special teams coordinator should only coach special teams?”

I’m not surprised you guys don’t understand what I’m saying lol, it’s really not that complicated if any of you have ever stepped foot in a football program before. And I can tell most of you never have
"Coaches are assigned to special teams units and like I mentioned to you before, do you have a part time job on top of your full time job? Of course you don’t. And if you did, would you put as much effort into it as your full time job? No.

We need a special teams coordinator if we ever want to be good at special teams."

Your exact quote...

• Winner

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
No? They have a guy that does another job also do ST.
Lmao! Just take your L buddy. “No? Their job title doesn’t also say special teams coordinator next to it” uh durrrr.

Do you know what the difference between a special teams coordinator and coaching special teams by committee is?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Matt Campbell just needs to give a title. Having a title of ST Coach will make us automatically better. Even if we do everything the same.

• Winner

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Their ST coach also has another role
Moving the goal posts now. Now it's all about the name "Special Teams Coordinator" that magically makes things better.

This is reminding me of Tommy Boy - I can take a **** in a box and mark it guaranteed if that'll make you feel better.

I the Great and Powerful Matthew Campbell ruler of the ISU football kingdom hereby announce the naming of Nathaniel Scheelhaase as "SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR"/RB coach/WR coach. Now young Nathaniel go forth and bring great success upon our special teams (even though you were coaching them before but now have this new title that will make everything better).

• Dumb
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
"Coaches are assigned to special teams units and like I mentioned to you before, do you have a part time job on top of your full time job? Of course you don’t. And if you did, would you put as much effort into it as your full time job? No.

We need a special teams coordinator if we ever want to be good at special teams."

Your exact quote...
So once again, I’m not surprised you don’t understand what I’m saying. It’s clear you don’t know what you’re talking about

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Lmao! Just take your L buddy. “No? Their job title doesn’t also say special teams coordinator next to it” uh durrrr.

Do you know what the difference between a special teams coordinator and coaching special teams by committee is?
So they all suck at their other role?