2022 Football post mortem/looking forward

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We need a complete makeover/overhaul on offense.... and we need to hire a ST's coach as well.

If that doesn't happen... I totally expect to see the same team again next year.
With a limit on 11 on-field coaches not sure it is necessary to have a dedicated Special Teams coach. If Campbell can swing it great, but if they could find a guy with ST experience and position responsibility that would be great.

If I was an ambitious young position coach like Mauser or Broomfield, I would be lobbying for the additional responsibility. And then I would be immersing myself this spring.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
With a limit on 11 on-field coaches not sure it is necessary to have a dedicated Special Teams coach. If Campbell can swing it great, but if they could find a guy with ST experience and position responsibility that would be great.

If I was an ambitious young position coach like Mauser or Broomfield, I would be lobbying for the additional responsibility. And then I would be immersing myself this spring.
At this point, he'll refuse to hire a dedicated one just out of spite.

Someone really doesn't like fan criticism, no matter how obvious and valid.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Breece already looks like the best running back in the NFL before be tore his acl. Brock was frustrating at times, but you can't deny he made and NFL roster already. We also had Kolar and Allen who are in the NFL, along with X.

Then you add pretty much the same defense as this year, only with an All-American linebacker and Eisworth who was all Big 12 first team. I think a couple DL made the NFL also.

Last year was a dumpster fire compared to the returning talent level we had. It reminded me of Iowa in 2010 or Prohm when he had the Tyrese, THT, Lindell, Shayok team, full of pro talent but extreme underachieving.
Iowa State is KNOWN FOR UNDER ACHIEVING ...Just look back into the past where we had talent and did nothing with it!!

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Iowa State is KNOWN FOR UNDER ACHIEVING ...Just look back into the past where we had talent and did nothing with it!!
We need our next A.W. Ristine!!

The 1906 team went 9-1 with Quarterback Nelson Muntz! See these exciting action shots from their 2-0 toasting of Iowa where blocking was no problem. This team played to win!!
C86AA6F6-94CE-4067-A13B-45EF7E2FFCF0.jpeg
B857BA6F-EAE2-40EC-B2A0-0C5C9F02AD91.jpeg

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.