NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I need 11 points from Burrow to win the championship. (Of course it isn’t as important as somebody’s life but we can still have the discussion)

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Now we make sure this man’s life is ok. No one cares about fantasy right now!
Since 'we' recognize that his life is important, but can do nothing about it, 'we' can discuss fantasy football if we'd like. How many people die tragically every day. They don't matter as they were not on our TV?

Reactions: cstrunk

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I assume absent this game that my league won't have an issue awarding me the win, but the 3rd place game is much diceyer. Think of the amount of cash that was likely riding in Vegas on this one game. They have a lot to figure out! I'd heard that they have maybe til tomorrow to go ahead and play and then it really gets messy.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I was up til midnight last night searching for every bit of news I could find on Hamlin's status, but it's ok to have these discussions. Whether it be how the NFL moves forward with this, gambling, fantasy, etc. Nothing that we say is going to have any impact on his. It's an unprecedented thing to happen so naturally people have questions. Hope like hell Hamlin is ok and makes a full recovery
Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that concern number 1,2 and 3 is his health but that doesn't mean we can't discuss other things about the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
There is some talk that this game will be moved to this Wednesday night.
I don't see how that's possible given they both play on Sunday. I suppose you could flex them to Monday, but then you push one of them into a tight window before the wildcard game.

Logistically, I don't see how it's possible to safely play the game. 4 days between games would be difficult.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I read an article today that said if the game isn't completed the same day, no pts will be awarded for those players. Doesn't make sense to me if it gets rescheduled, just count the points. Logistically, I don't know how they will get it in.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I don't see how that's possible given they both play on Sunday. I suppose you could flex them to Monday, but then you push one of them into a tight window before the wildcard game.

Logistically, I don't see how it's possible to safely play the game. 4 days between games would be difficult.
Uh, Sun-Thur happens all season long. This isn't any different.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Obviously everyone cares about Hamlin's health but I don't see an issue with discussing the unprecedented issue this game creates with fantasy leagues either. You can still be concerned about his health while also having a civil discussion about fantasy.

We had COVID create some uncertainty not long ago but no games ever got canceled because of it. This one has another twist with it being championship week for most leagues. Most of us probably are not playing in high stakes leagues where we could have hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars at stake if this game is not made up. It creates a real delimea for how some of the "high roller" leagues that are out there where someone could potentially win or mis out on thousands of dollars as a result which creates a real problem on what is "fair" when something no one could have possibly imagined happened.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I’ll be sure and consult with you on which threads I can go and post on going forward.
This seems to apply here
"It’s OK to comment on stuff without cementing your stance as a caring compassionate person before every other thought. Everyone here wants him to be OK."

Maybe also include something about Hank Gathers in every post.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
In the league I commish, 1st and 2nd decided to split since it was a 10 pt game with players on both sides last night. Same with the 3rd place game.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I’m down 9pts with Burrow, Higgins and Davis playing. He has nobody left. 97% chance to win according to yahoo. $1000 to win. $300 for second. I’m probably going to get screwed in someplace very uncomfortable.

• Wow