NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Early playoff flameouts are the worst. One year I finished first I'm points but somehow ended up 3rd or 4th so i didn't get a first round bye.

I ended up playing a team where the owner went AWOL halfway through the year and had to be taken over by the commissioner. I think I was favored by 30 or so and had my lowest score of the entire year and lost.
Yeah, my team averaged 140. Average for the two week playoff, 115. Damn it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Who else is playing against Dalton Schultz this week? Unreal.
I've had that clown for 2 straight years. The games I tried to start him he averaged about 4 points, then when I'd get angry and bench him he'd have a game like last night.

It's been a nonstop 2 years of trying to chase points with him. Not falling for that again next year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Early playoff flameouts are the worst. One year I finished first I'm points but somehow ended up 3rd or 4th so i didn't get a first round bye.

I ended up playing a team where the owner went AWOL halfway through the year and had to be taken over by the commissioner. I think I was favored by 30 or so and had my lowest score of the entire year and lost.

I was 2nd in the league in points scored and barely made the playoffs. Every week teams went off against me and in the first round of the playoffs my squad laid an egg top to bottom. The last 2 weeks I've had the highest score totals in the league and the teams still in the playoffs have put up crap numbers. Fantasy football is dumb :jimlad:

Reactions: NoCreativity

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I have both Pollard and Schultz. I found out about Pollard about 5 minutes before game time and figured I was screwed. Trying to figure whether Schultz or Njoku will go off this season has been a giant PITA. Thankfully I got it right this time.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I was 2nd in the league in points scored and barely made the playoffs. Every week teams went off against me and in the first round of the playoffs my squad laid an egg top to bottom. The last 2 weeks I've had the highest score totals in the league and the teams still in the playoffs have put up crap numbers. Fantasy football is dumb :jimlad:
Yeah, that's how it goes usually, once you're done then your team starts performing.

I had Kamara one year, missed the playoffs, then the very next week after I was eliminated he had his 6 TD game.

• Angry
Reactions: drmwevr08

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I have both Pollard and Schultz. I found out about Pollard about 5 minutes before game time and figured I was screwed. Trying to figure whether Schultz or Njoku will go off this season has been a giant PITA. Thankfully I got it right this time.

I drafted Kittle this year and he was a complete bust until Purdy took over. Jimmy G refused to target him.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah, that's how it goes usually, once you're done then your team starts performing.

I had Kamara one year, missed the playoffs, then the very next week after I was eliminated he had his 6 TD game.
That's brutal

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Playing for third place. Been riding AJ Brown, Kelce, and Jefferson all season. Have Chubb at running back but just didn’t have a decent 2nd back. Been doing the QB shuffle with Cousins and Tua most of the time. Finished 3rd last year to. Second in the league in avg score so I can’t really complain too much.

Reactions: NoCreativity

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
In the Championship, but it's a 2 week thing so there is still next week to go. Trying to decide if I should start Cousins to offset his JJ and Dalvin Cook, roll with Herbert against a frisky of late Rams team whose defense isn't horrible, or go wild card and throw in Brock Purdy against the Raiders.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
In the Championship, but it's a 2 week thing so there is still next week to go. Trying to decide if I should start Cousins to offset his JJ and Dalvin Cook, roll with Herbert against a frisky of late Rams team whose defense isn't horrible, or go wild card and throw in Brock Purdy against the Raiders.

I'm going with Herbert, but that's pretty much because Geno Smith has been awful the past couple of weeks.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Currently in the ship in my 12 team league after finishing the regular season 7-7 (squeaked in with the 6 seed). All this after having my team auto-drafted cause they scheduled our live draft on an ISU gameday..

My team on the left, winner takes $300. I'm currently projected to win 128-114

Screenshot_20221230-103320.png

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Currently in the ship in my 12 team league after finishing the regular season 7-7 (squeaked in with the 6 seed). All this after having my team auto-drafted cause they scheduled our live draft on an ISU gameday..

My team on the left, winner takes $300. I'm currently projected to win 128-114

View attachment 107526
I'm guessing that didn't work out the way JJ and Mike Evans played?
I'll have to wait for last night's game to finish but I somehow managed to beat#2after beating#1 last week. I'm up 35 with Burrow going while he has Higgins.
Scoring was low in our league this weekend.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Not to be cold but I wonder what will happen to my fantasy football. It was our super bowl week and going into the game, I was tied in the championship. I had two players and he was done. My kicker(tyler bass) scored 3 points and my running back scored 1 (joe mixon), so I currently have a 4 point lead. So what now?

• Dumb
Reactions: Aduhbolu15

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Not to be cold but I wonder what will happen to my fantasy football. It was our super bowl week and going into the game, I was tied in the championship. I had two players and he was done. My kicker(tyler bass) scored 3 points and my running back scored 1 (joe mixon), so I currently have a 4 point lead. So what now?
Yeah, obviously inconsequential compared to what happened last night but I was up 11 in our championship and my opponent had Cincy's kicker left to play. If the game ends up getting cancelled I will almost feel bad about winning due to the circumstances.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Now we make sure this man’s life is ok. No one cares about fantasy right now!

• Useful
Reactions: cstrunk

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Now we make sure this man’s life is ok. No one cares about fantasy right now!
I was up til midnight last night searching for every bit of news I could find on Hamlin's status, but it's ok to have these discussions. Whether it be how the NFL moves forward with this, gambling, fantasy, etc. Nothing that we say is going to have any impact on his. It's an unprecedented thing to happen so naturally people have questions. Hope like hell Hamlin is ok and makes a full recovery