NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Any suggestions on a possible WR to pick up off waivers that might be worth a shot at upgrading my messy WR situation? I feel like I really missed on my rounds 4-6 picks of McLaurin, Sutton, and Brandin Cooks. I also have Lazard and Thielen on the bench. Sutton's last 3 weeks have been 3.4 5.3 and 2.3. McLaurin finally has had 2 decent weeks in a row now after going through a rough 3 week stretch, Cooks has only had 3 double digit games all season, Lazard can't stay healthy, and Thielen is no more than a "meh" bye week option.

The waivers are not pretty: Duvernay, Claypool, G Wilson, M Hollins, Hardman, J Reynolds and some risky guys that can be boom or bust like Pickens, Bateman who is hurt, A Pierce, R Moore. Moore seems like he has the most upside but he's not consistent. Same with Pierce and Pickens but their QB situations suck at the moment. I don't have a ton of trade capital either as I am waiting for Patterson to come off IL and my other backs are Ekler, Swift, Pollard, and Carter and I am not confident enough in the consistency of the backs after Ekler and Swift to think I can pull off a big upgrade at WR and lose 1 of them in the deal to be a net win.

Might fall for the 2nd week in a row after going undefeated to start. Currently up 136.70 to 113.02 but I am done for the week and he has Mixon and Hunt going tonight and is projected for a 139.49 finish so hoping it is an ugly game and those 2 stay out of the endzone to pull off a tight win and keep my cushion in 1st. Seems like I keep hitting that 130ish mark most weeks which keeps me in most matchups but some teams in the league are really hitting their strides lately where I feel it is going to take 140-150 most weeks to hang with them going forward.
I'm going to keep rolling with Sutton, he'll eventually produce again. I have Pickens, Mooney as my only other options on my bench. Pickens is worth the upside if you are desperate. I was forced to start him last week and got 18 from him. The rest of those guys you might as well throw darts at, you cant trust any of them to be consistent.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Guess who left CMC on his bench even after seeing Deebo was going to be out yesterday? *Doh!* Had him on my bench last week as I doubted he'd have a big game after only 3 days with the team. It was the right call as he would have been my 4th best RB. Still have a 16 point lead with Mixon going tonight vs their Chubb/McPherson combo. A 42 point lead would have been better though.

• Wow
Reactions: CYdTracked

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I'm going to keep rolling with Sutton, he'll eventually produce again. I have Pickens, Mooney as my only other options on my bench. Pickens is worth the upside if you are desperate. I was forced to start him last week and got 18 from him. The rest of those guys you might as well throw darts at, you cant trust any of them to be consistent.

Guess who benched Jakobi Meyers for Pickens this week like a dumbass?

Me, I’m the dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Guess who benched Jakobi Meyers for Pickens this week like a dumbass?

Me, I’m the dumbass.
I have Meyers also and have been putting him in my flex every week. He's been solid and almost a weekly must start. I had a feeling Pickens would struggle with the Eagles secondary.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Guess who left CMC on his bench even after seeing Deebo was going to be out yesterday? *Doh!* Had him on my bench last week as I doubted he'd have a big game after only 3 days with the team. It was the right call as he would have been my 4th best RB. Still have a 16 point lead with Mixon going tonight vs their Chubb/McPherson combo. A 42 point lead would have been better though.

I have to ask who did you start over CMC? I don't care what the matchup is you don't bench a top 3 overall RB under any circumstance

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I have to ask who did you start over CMC? I don't care what the matchup is you don't bench a top 3 overall RB under any circumstance
I just forgot to swap about Dameon Pierce for CMC. I have Joe Mixon and Josh Jacobs as well (only an 8 team league). Like I said, it was the right call last week as all 3 of those guys outscored him. So far Jacobs has been low man for the week. I doubt anyone saw the Raiders flopping that hard against the Saints.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I have Meyers also and have been putting him in my flex every week. He's been solid and almost a weekly must start. I had a feeling Pickens would struggle with the Eagles secondary.

I was smart enough to bench Metcalf for Meyers, but I talked myself into using Raheem Mostert instead of Tony Pollard. That was stupid. Every time I start Mostert he lays an egg.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I was smart enough to bench Metcalf for Meyers, but I talked myself into using Raheem Mostert instead of Tony Pollard. That was stupid. Every time I start Mostert he lays an egg.
I benched Metcalf also in favor of Meyers. I thought DK would still be banged up. It ended up being almost a wash. Luckily I had Kamara so put up a solid point total this week.

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
If this guy were to go for it, should I trade Patty Mahomes for one of his top WRs? He has Stefon Diggs, Tyreek, and Justin Jefferson. And if so, which one?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Is Brandin Cooks even worth rostering at this point in a 10 team league? He is teetering on getting cut by me between his DNP for "personal reasons" tonight plus his disappointing season so far. Between injuries and bye weeks I may have to make a move and not sure he's worth it even with a group of WR that hasn't been stellar for me.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I waived Michael Thomas on Tuesday, guy in our league picked him up on Thursday before the news that he will probably go on IR the rest of the year. Though he might have another stellar year coming off his injury and drafted him late as a possible keeper for next year. That didn't work out.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I waived Michael Thomas on Tuesday, guy in our league picked him up on Thursday before the news that he will probably go on IR the rest of the year. Though he might have another stellar year coming off his injury and drafted him late as a possible keeper for next year. That didn't work out.
The guy is made of glass. Appears more and more he was a one year wonder. Olave is the stud in New Orleans.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well this week could be interesting for me. No Andrew's so picked up Likely. Swift may or may not get a lot of touches, Lazard will be active but curious how healthy he will be, CPatt is back but I don't know how much they will use him so rolling with Theilen as my Flex. Could be boom or bust week with this lineup. Started 6-0 and dropped 2 straight now so hoping to notch a win and keep my 1 game lead in 1st

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well I am glad I made a last second change and replaced Theilen with C Patt as Patterson got a good amount of volume for his first game back. Swift was unfortunately limited and worries me that it could be the norm until/if he ever gets healthy.

Dropped Theilen for Mooney yesterday and hoping maybe Chicago finally going to figure out how to score a little and make him relevant. Maybe should pick up Hardman instead? Any KC receiver outside of Kelce worries me about how consistent they will score on a given week. Other options out there are OBJ Pickens and G Wilson. Should I target any of those over Mooney maybe?