NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Where do you pick? Who are you hoping to get?
Previously we drafted opposite of where you finished in the regular season, just like NFL. So I would be 12th in a 12 team league. I won regular season and playoffs. Team was stacked last year.

We haven't discussed it but I assume we will do that again or this time we'll go randomizer, which currently shows me with the 9th pick.

I've been mocking a bit lately using the 12th pick. If I can get Davante Adams to fall to me I take it and then I have to take a RB to back it up (Dalvin, Mixon, Swift are usual suspects available) otherwise by the time you're up again at the end of the 3rd the RBs are trash. Cannot go WR/WR at 12/13 otherwise your RB1 is CEH or Damien Harris.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Who would everyone rather have for dynasty league?

Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Swift
Nick Chubb
Alvin Kamara
Javonte Williams
Cam Akers

Assume you're using the 13th overall pick on them and you already have a WR1.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Previously we drafted opposite of where you finished in the regular season, just like NFL. So I would be 12th in a 12 team league. I won regular season and playoffs. Team was stacked last year.

We haven't discussed it but I assume we will do that again or this time we'll go randomizer, which currently shows me with the 9th pick.

I've been mocking a bit lately using the 12th pick. If I can get Davante Adams to fall to me I take it and then I have to take a RB to back it up (Dalvin, Mixon, Swift are usual suspects available) otherwise by the time you're up again at the end of the 3rd the RBs are trash. Cannot go WR/WR at 12/13 otherwise your RB1 is CEH or Damien Harris.
We had a guy in our league who wanted to go to that system of draft position opposite your finish several years ago but he was overruled by pretty much everyone. Not a fan of punishing someone for doing good, rewarding someone for doing bad, especially in a redraft league where it's a fresh roster every year.

We switched to an auction draft 4-5 years ago, so it's been awhile since I've done a snake draft but your plan sounds smart to me. I'm always wanting to lock down top anchors at RB1 and WR1, and I agree if you wait until the 3rd it'll be slim pickings for your RB1.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Swift
Nick Chubb
Alvin Kamara
Javonte Williams
Cam Akers

I'd go Cook, proven commodity and still pretty young. After that I'd probably go Akers.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Mocking right now for fun of it. Best RBs available at end of third round:
David Montgomery
Antonio Gibson
Elijah Mitchell
Miles Sanders
Devin Singletary
Damien Harris
Travis Etienne
Cordarrelle Patterson
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Tony Pollard
Kareem Hunt

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL

Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Swift
Nick Chubb
Alvin Kamara
Javonte Williams
Cam Akers

It's Javonte for me, he's just going to absolutely dominate when he gets full time reps.

I would consider Swift if it is full PPR.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Dalvin Cook
DeAndre Swift
Nick Chubb
Alvin Kamara
Javonte Williams
Cam Akers

Same question but now WR1. Who would everyone rather have for dynasty league?

Deebo Samuel
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams
Ceedee Lamb
Tyreek Hill

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Deebo Samuel
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams
Ceedee Lamb
Tyreek Hill
Lamb or Diggs, maybe? Diggs with a proven QB and Lamb with other injuries around his position.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Deebo Samuel
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams
Ceedee Lamb
Tyreek Hill
I'd go Ceedee and Deebo.

Loved Davante with GB but him with Carr is a complete unknown. Same with Tyreek in Miami. Just no clue if they'll be the same guy with those different OCs, QBs. Love Diggs in that Buffalo offense but he's 28.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I'd go Ceedee and Deebo.

Loved Davante with GB but him with Carr is a complete unknown. Same with Tyreek in Miami. Just no clue if they'll be the same guy with those different OCs, QBs. Love Diggs in that Buffalo offense but he's 28.

Didn’t davante and Carr go to college together?…. Edit- they did. I was thinking that was a selling point to davante to get him there. I don’t think many people know that but it’s not like they are starting from scratch.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
How is everyone feeling about Etienne this year?

Love that he is with Lawrence and think he could catch a lot of passes this year. A little nervous about Robinson getting healthy. Would you trust Etienne as your RB2 in a full PPR?

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018

My most competitive league uses an interesting way to determine the picks for the next year.

The team with the most scored AGAINST in the previous year has the first pick to determine what draft position they want. It does take a little effort but seems to work. In general people pick according to their order but teams sometimes prefer the 12th pick vs. the 6th pick (noone seem to not want the first pick :) )

All new teams pick their spots after the returning team members.

We know draft order about a week ahead of the draft (sooner if everyone picks their spot quickly).