NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah no IR spot. I agree I am going to wait and hope someone doesn't snag him up right away but that probably is wishful thinking. Had I started pollard instead of Jwill today Williams would have been an easy cut with Swift hopefully back next week
Who is the Jets 3rd string rb? I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and signed a veteran since they have a good team. Carter doesn't seem like a workhorse back capable of 20 carries a game to me.

With Breece out I wouldn't be surprised if they went with more of a committee now.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Kelce is on a bye this week so I have to pick up a TE off waivers. Who would you guys go after: Irv Smith, Taysom, or Greg Dulcich?
There was a ridiculous stat in last week's Thursday night game about the Saints scoring efficiency when Hill gets a touch (as a receiver, passer, or runner) - unfortunately, I'm not sure the Saints staff is aware of how much more prolific their offense is when he gets those touches.

Dulcich seems like the 'safe' play, Hill the 'upside' play, and Smith the 'hard pass'. My $0.02.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Finally lost a matchup this week but still a game ahead in 1st with the 2nd highest scoring team in our league. Was hoping the NE defense would find a way to score a TD or something last night which would have salvaged a bad week in general for my team and squeaked out a win. Getting some guys healthy again will go a long ways as my bye weeks are staggered out enough with my key players - Hurts last week, Ekler this week, Andrews in week 10 and Swift already had his bye just need him back. My WR group is mediocre with Lazard, Sutton, McLaurin, Thielen, and Cooks but it is what it is at this point I guess.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Guys are dropping like flies due to injuries in my league. I've been anxiously scouting the waiver wire for players. Matt Ryan was my backup QB but he is benched/injured, so I grabbed Taylor Heineke.

I grabbed Daniel Bellinger to replace an injured Logan Thomas. Bellinger is now hurt as well. My TE room is not good so I might need to consider a trade. Dawson Knox is my main TE but he has been dinged up most of the season and Josh Allen prefers to target Diggs and Davis heavily.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
No way I could have expected Mark Andrews and Michael Gallup to get me 0.9 points.

Further, NO WAY did I figure I'd still pull out a win.

Not sure there is much on waivers that will help this week.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No way I could have expected Mark Andrews and Michael Gallup to get me 0.9 points.

Further, NO WAY did I figure I'd still pull out a win.

Not sure there is much on waivers that will help this week.

Yeah Andrews killed me this week. Hope he plays Thursday else I will have to find a streamer TE for the week

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Yeah Andrews killed me this week. Hope he plays Thursday else I will have to find a streamer TE for the week
The sad part is I didn't have to . I actually started Ertz Thursday with MA questionable. I started him when they said he'd play, well, because you always start him.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
My team is in serious trouble 2-5 over the first half, will probably need to go at least 4-3 in 2nd tohl have a chance at playoffs.

I feel like I have a solid team but every week I have 5 good players and the other 5 combine for about 20 total points.

I have Lamar, Jefferson, Sutton, Metcalf, Kamara, Pierce, Gabe Davis, Pickens, Jacobi Myers, Freirmiuth, Gus Edwards and James Robinson. I had Javonte also so my rb has kind of been a mess so far with injuries.

Maybe I'll get hot in the second half, I'm alwwsy projected for one of the highest totals every week then struggle to break 130.

Reactions: cstrunk

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
Should I drop Harrison butker for Gano? Butker on bye this week. Also, should I drop Hines for Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, or Jerry Jeudy? Can potentially drop more but would have to drop others like maybe Garrett Wilson. I’m also needing a qb since mahomes has a bye this week and am thinking Winston but ideally I’ll only drop Eno Benjamin, Hines, and maybe Butker or Wilson. But don’t wanna drop others (I have Hubbard and foreman but probs wanna hang on to them for now).

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Should I drop Harrison butker for Gano? Butker on bye this week. Also, should I drop Hines for Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, or Jerry Jeudy? Can potentially drop more but would have to drop others like maybe Garrett Wilson. I’m also needing a qb since mahomes has a bye this week and am thinking Winston but ideally I’ll only drop Eno Benjamin, Hines, and maybe Butker or Wilson. But don’t wanna drop others (I have Hubbard and foreman but probs wanna hang on to them for now).
Lol, I think you need to do what feels right. You're overthinking everything.

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
I have an open space at RB and an open space at flex this week. The players I have available to play there are: Michael Carter, Donta Foreman, Eno Benjamin, Gabe Davis, Garett Wilson, and Jerry Jeudy. Thinking of playing Benjamin (since Connor has been ruled out) and Carter but possibly Foreman since Chubba was ruled out. The one thing is the panthers have said they are still gonna use a committee approach so not sure what to think of that. The matchups for Jeudy, Wilson, and Davis also look good this week on paper. I could also pickup Tyler boyd off the waiver wire. Thoughts? 23C375D3-C70E-4B76-BBCA-6DF82764FA72.png FCE6A440-90EA-4F41-B29A-9801DA2F14E3.png

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
Also, should I drop Dalton Schultz for Greg Dulcich? Schultz is seemingly getting healthy and with Dak back he could be good, but I feel like Dulcich will be a solid TE for the rest of the year. I could also potentially drop someone else for Dulcich like Chubba or Wilson. But with Corey Davis and Breece Hall gone, I could totally see Wilson’s target share increasing, and I also kinda wanna have a monopoly on the panther’s backfield. What do people think?

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Also is Tyler boyd worth picking up or will he just be temporarily boosted?
You've got Higgins so I'd pass on Boyd, but I tend to avoid having too many players from a single offense.

If your league is PPR/pPPR I'd probably play Davis as a flex with either Benjamin or Foreman at RB.

Don't really have any input on your TE question - if your waiver wire isn't highly competitive I'd probably roll with Schultz for the time being to see how he's used with Dak. My $0.02.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Dak was targeting Schultz heavily Sunday, at least the portion of the game I watched. They don't have much reciever talent besides C.D. so I'd expect him to continue to look for Schultz as long as he's out there.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Any suggestions on a possible WR to pick up off waivers that might be worth a shot at upgrading my messy WR situation? I feel like I really missed on my rounds 4-6 picks of McLaurin, Sutton, and Brandin Cooks. I also have Lazard and Thielen on the bench. Sutton's last 3 weeks have been 3.4 5.3 and 2.3. McLaurin finally has had 2 decent weeks in a row now after going through a rough 3 week stretch, Cooks has only had 3 double digit games all season, Lazard can't stay healthy, and Thielen is no more than a "meh" bye week option.

The waivers are not pretty: Duvernay, Claypool, G Wilson, M Hollins, Hardman, J Reynolds and some risky guys that can be boom or bust like Pickens, Bateman who is hurt, A Pierce, R Moore. Moore seems like he has the most upside but he's not consistent. Same with Pierce and Pickens but their QB situations suck at the moment. I don't have a ton of trade capital either as I am waiting for Patterson to come off IL and my other backs are Ekler, Swift, Pollard, and Carter and I am not confident enough in the consistency of the backs after Ekler and Swift to think I can pull off a big upgrade at WR and lose 1 of them in the deal to be a net win.

Might fall for the 2nd week in a row after going undefeated to start. Currently up 136.70 to 113.02 but I am done for the week and he has Mixon and Hunt going tonight and is projected for a 139.49 finish so hoping it is an ugly game and those 2 stay out of the endzone to pull off a tight win and keep my cushion in 1st. Seems like I keep hitting that 130ish mark most weeks which keeps me in most matchups but some teams in the league are really hitting their strides lately where I feel it is going to take 140-150 most weeks to hang with them going forward.