2022 CyHawk game

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I have a strange feeling we’re going to break the streak in Kinnick next year. Why? Because nobody will be expecting it. Iowa is going to be ranked in the top 25 and we’ll be in what’s viewed from the outside as a rebuilding year.

The Hawks will probably be favored by around 10 points but they’ll finally cough up the ball a couple times against us and we’ll win by a touchdown. That’s my prediction.

It’ll be a nice win for us on our way to a seven or eight win season despite the rebuild. For Iowa, it will be the first of a number of disappointing losses despite their preseason hype, as they finally face Ohio State and Michigan next year and won’t benefit from being plus ten bajillion in turnovers on the season.

Doug Piranha

Oct 13, 2021
I have a strange feeling we’re going to break the streak in Kinnick next year. Why? Because nobody will be expecting it. Iowa is going to be ranked in the top 25 and we’ll be in what’s viewed from the outside as a rebuilding year.

The Hawks will probably be favored by around 10 points but they’ll finally cough up the ball a couple times against us and we’ll win by a touchdown. That’s my prediction.

It’ll be a nice win for us on our way to a seven or eight win season despite the rebuild. For Iowa, it will be the first of a number of disappointing losses despite their preseason hype, as they finally face Ohio State and Michigan next year and won’t benefit from being plus ten bajillion in turnovers on the season.
morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I see some have progressed to the bargaining stage of mourning. The OP smacks of "everything will be okay bc disappointment is gonna happen to the Hawkeyes next year"

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I see some have progressed to the bargaining stage of mourning. The OP smacks of "everything will be okay bc disappointment is gonna happen to the Hawkeyes next year"
I probably think about the Hawks a lot less than the average ISU fan because I live on the West Coast and don’t have to deal with the in-state crap on a regular basis. I just had a random thought about this game tonight while thinking about next season.

For the record, I think we win seven or eight games next year. I think we start 3-0, win three of the five conference home games, and split the road games (beat Kansas and somebody else).

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
For the record, I think we win seven or eight games next year. I think we start 3-0, win three of the five conference home games, and split the road games (beat Kansas and somebody else).

I think we:

*Go 3-0 against SEMO, Ohio, and Kansas.
*Go 3-2 at home in conference play - BU, KSU, OU, TTU, WVU.
*Go 1-3 on the road against P5 opponents not named Kansas - Iowa, OSU, TCU, UT.

7-5. So I agree with how you think.

Reactions: AppleCornCy

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Don't forget, the game is in September.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think we:

*Go 3-0 against SEMO, Ohio, and Kansas.
*Go 3-2 at home in conference play - BU, KSU, OU, TTU, WVU.
*Go 1-3 on the road against P5 opponents not named Kansas - Iowa, OSU, TCU, UT.

7-5. So I agree with how you think.

Doesn't the conference change next year?

• Disagree
Reactions: TXCyclones

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I'll believe it when I see it...Iowa State and September don't mix well...and a disgusting fact is that we haven't scored a td in Kinnick since 2014

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
I jokingly said "watch us win in Kinnick when no one expects us to next year". Didn't believe it would happen when I said it and still don't.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Doesn't the conference change next year?

Its still unclear right now. But based on publicly known information, Texas and OU will be playing in the Big 12 next year. Although, its very possibly that they pay up and announce they will leave after this year.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I don't have a clue what will happen at that dump next year. I only know I won't step foot in that city again. Who wants to be subjected to that kind of abuse?

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesInDallas

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I've often thought, "I'll bet people do drugs and then post on CF."
I’ve often thought, “The worst thing about CF is that half the posters on there make it their mission to try to out-smartass each other.”

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
I don't have a clue what will happen at that dump next year. I only know I won't step foot in that city again. Who wants to be subjected to that kind of abuse?

Is it just me who never gets abused at road games? I hear horror stories all the time and have yet to experience anything more than good natured **** talk. Sometimes I think fans have some pretty thin skin.

My Hawk friends always tell me how horrible they are treated in Ames. Oddly they couldn't point out a single issue this year when I was with them. Funny how that happens

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron