MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If you have to explain who the guy is in parentheses, no one knows who you are. Pitch to the guy
People in Chicago know him. I'd guess most baseball fans do too. I caught right up through my senior year summer and never pitched around anyone so I agree. But I could also see why a pitcher who may be trying to make a roster next year try harding on a non playoff team currently would bounce 4 to him.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If you have to explain who the guy is in parentheses, no one knows who you are. Pitch to the guy

I only know one of the pitchers that gave up a record homer, Al Downing. Only remember it was him that gave up Hank Aaron's 715 because Al was a pitcher for the Yankees back in the 1960's when I was a kid fan. You remember the guys from your team when you're a kid. He had a long career and was, at the time of the Aaron homer, a readily recognizable name as a starter with the Dodgers.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I only know one of the pitchers that gave up a record homer, Al Downing. Only remember it was him that gave up Hank Aaron's 715 because Al was a pitcher for the Yankees back in the 1960's when I was a kid fan. You remember the guys from your team when you're a kid. He had a long career and was, at the time of the Aaron homer, a readily recognizable name as a starter with the Dodgers.
Yeah I’d consider myself an above average baseball fan and I honestly couldn’t really tell you any pitchers that gave up records. Hell i don’t even remember who Pujols hit 700 off of and I watched that live. Also couldn’t tell you who Tom Brady got the all time NFL passing yards or TD’s records against. People remember the record and that’s about it.

I’m the farthest thing from a Yankees fan but I think it’s bush league to pitch around a guy so he doesn’t get a record. Don’t give him meat balls but to essentially take the bat out of his hands is disrespectful

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Judge got 62. Jesus Tinoco about to become a household name after giving it up!

• Haha
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Texas Rangers
Edit
On December 3, 2021, Tinoco signed a minor league contract with the Texas Rangers.[12] On June 10, 2022, Texas selected Tinoco's contract as a COVID replacement player.[13] He was returned to the minors on June 20. On October 4, 2022, he gave up a home run to Aaron Judge, his 62nd of the season to break the long-standing AL record previously held by Roger Maris.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
People in Chicago know him. I'd guess most baseball fans do too. I caught right up through my senior year summer and never pitched around anyone so I agree. But I could also see why a pitcher who may be trying to make a roster next year try harding on a non playoff team currently would bounce 4 to him.
I know him, follow baseball closely, was in my peak of following baseball at that time. Had no clue he gave it up.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
AL Playoff Seeds/Match-Ups are now set:

Byes:
1. Houston
2. NY Yankees

Wild Cards (Best of 3):
3. Cleveland vs. 6. Tampa
4. Toronto vs. 5. Seattle

Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
NL Playoffs now set too:

Byes:
1. Los Angeles
2. Atlanta

Wild Cards (Best of 3):
3. St. Louis vs. 6. Philadelphia
4. NY Mets vs. 5. San Diego

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've been an AL fan all of my life but don't really give a crap about the AL wildcard matchups. Not a big fan of the wildcard series anyway but there are no marquee matchups. The NL wildcards, on the other hand, are pretty intriguing by comparison. Cards and Pujols/Goldschmidt, Padres and Soto/Machado, stuff that will interest casual fans. ******* Angels could have made this all better AL viewing if they hadn't **** the bed again so we have no Ohtani/Trout.