2022/23 Coaching Staff Changes

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Never a bad thing when positions coaches are getting scooped up for coordinator spots. Pretty remarkable we have kept the defensive staff as intact as we have.

Everyone has said that Campbell's staff has stayed intact over the past 7 years and it has. But the offensive staff (before this year) was a bit more fluid. However, the defensive staff has had very few changes.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Make Broomfield corner and safety coach. Hire a ST coord. Caponi can come back when heacock retires. I solved the future! Lol

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Make Broomfield corner and safety coach. Hire a ST coord. Caponi can come back when heacock retires. I solved the future! Lol
I understand why we separate the safeties and corners for coaches. One guy would have almost half the defensive guys that they would be responsible for. Plus our safeties can be a mixture of true pass coverage to almost an outside linebacker, a lot of room to cover for one person.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Now that signing day is over, I would expect an announcement of Clanton being the new offensive line coach any day now. Not sure what they are waiting on. I assumed it was signing day, but could be something else.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
I understand why we separate the safeties and corners for coaches. One guy would have almost half the defensive guys that they would be responsible for. Plus our safeties can be a mixture of true pass coverage to almost an outside linebacker, a lot of room to cover for one person.
Nate was wr/rb and run game coordinator.

Reactions: Ellie1

CT clone

Aug 10, 2020
Bring back Tyler Scudder (currently an assistant with the Eagles but doesn’t have a position so we could probably give a pay increase)as a CB coach and co-ST coordinator with Jake Waters being RB Coach and co-ST coordinator (have Scudder focus on kick teams and Waters the return teams). I know D’Andre Payne has been on staff as well so keeping him as a Defensive QC coach would also be good for a position group that has been solid.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
And Oline, and receivers.

I need like a swear jar type of system if I even start to think next August that those units will have it.
I always think the OL will be better, but for some reason I'm skeptical about the receivers.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Ya these guys are gonna work. Not saying they weren’t before, but this is gonna be a ***** of a winter workout period.
I'll bet players hate when new Strength and Conditioning coaches come in. New guy, trying to set the new standard of hard work.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Well this is an opportunity to combine CB's and S's under Broomfield and have a open spot for the coveted Special Teams Coordinator.

So you all better be getting your resumes ready LOL
I hope that they don't go that route. High level safety and corner play is such a vital part of our defense. Both positions need a full time coach to maintain current standards.

Frost tried that option last season at Nebby and the secondary went from bad to terrible. The defense improved after the interim coach scrapped the ST position and better utilized the spot as another defensive spot.

The staff as a whole needs to spend more time on special teams rather than relying on one guy to be the magic fix.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Well this is an opportunity to combine CB's and S's under Broomfield and have a open spot for the coveted Special Teams Coordinator.

So you all better be getting your resumes ready LOL
I'd prefer we use the open position for a dedicated rush end coach. How many special teams plays are there vs. defensive plays.

Rumor has it with Scheelhaase as OC we don't plan on punting and 90 yard drives will be childs play.

;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron