NBA: ***2022-2023 NBA season, post season, and offseason***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Game came to a stop when Brees got the passing TD record. Also Bonds had a lengthy celebration when he hit 756. I would argue breaking Kareem's record is more impressive than both of those so I have zero issue with it. Only thing I would've done differently is just wait til the end of the quarter since it was 10 seconds away
Yeah, pausing the game when a major record is broken is pretty standard.

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
Game came to a stop when Brees got the passing TD record. Also Bonds had a lengthy celebration when he hit 756. I would argue breaking Kareem's record is more impressive than both of those so I have zero issue with it. Only thing I would've done differently is just wait til the end of the quarter since it was 10 seconds away
Well the game sort of stops after a touchdown. The weirdest thing is there was just 10 seconds left in the quarter, just one more possession.

And I’d argue the home run record is more impressive, no current player is even close.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Well the game sort of stops after a touchdown. The weirdest thing is there was just 10 seconds left in the quarter, just one more possession.

And I’d argue the home run record is more impressive, no current player is even close.
What current player is close to breaking Lebron’s record? And yes Bond was great, but he cheated to get there, so…

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Absolutely incredible breaking the record. For not being a “scorer”, he stands alone at the top of the scoring charts.

And whoever says this is less impressive than the homerun record, do you realize he has to play offense and defense against 20 year olds every game? It’s not like he can go out there and just focus on hitting for the twilight of his career.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
What current player is close to breaking Lebron’s record? And yes Bond was great, but he cheated to get there, so…
KD is the closest active player. Currently at #14 on the all time score list.

1675857357312.png

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Absolutely incredible breaking the record. For not being a “scorer”, he stands alone at the top of the scoring charts.

And whoever says this is less impressive than the homerun record, do you realize he has to play offense and defense against 20 year olds every game? It’s not like he can go out there and just focus on hitting for the twilight of his career.
His durability and longevity is pretty amazing.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
For some to chase his record I think the one and done rule will need to go away. Need all the years you can get.
Not only that, but also have the insanely consistent production without really any gaps.

Oh, and do it for 20ish years, maybe longer given that LeBron is absolutely still one of the best players in the league in year 20. Certainly looks like he's got a couple years left at least if he wants it.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Who are the all time top 5 scorers to you in NBA history?
#1 for me is Jordan, but then the rest of the top 5 for me is hard to rank but I would put Lebron, Wilt, Bird and Kobe. Next 5 for me to make a top ten would be Kareem, Malone, Iverson, West and Durant.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Who are the all time top 5 scorers to you in NBA history?
#1 for me is Jordan, but then the rest of the top 5 for me is hard to rank but I would put Lebron, Wilt, Bird and Kobe. Next 5 for me to make a top ten would be Kareem, Malone, Iverson, West and Durant.
This is one of those questions that for me, gets harder to answer the more I try to figure it out.

Similar to GOAT player, I think there are guys who belong in the conversation, but beyond that it's just a discussion if that makes sense.

FWIW, your top 10 includes basically the guys that came to mind as reasonable options for a top 5.

Reactions: Halincandenza

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well flipped over to the Sixer Celtics game after ISU finished no Georges in the last 5 minutes unluckily. It was pretty good BB though