*** 2022-2023 College Football Survivor Week 1 ***

Do you want lines included in the schedule of games going forward?

• Yes

Votes: 67 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 28 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If Utah state loses, there’s not going to be many of us left.

Looked up some stuff on Utah State, they are bringing back 12 starters including QB from a team that went 11-3. They are also bringing in a Bama transfer and 2 transfers from Michigan.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looked up some stuff on Utah State, they are bringing back 12 starters including QB from a team that went 11-3. They are also bringing in a Bama transfer and 2 transfers from Michigan.

So you are saying that they are upsetting the roster with disgruntled Alabama and Michigan transfers! :jimlad:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've enjoyed this game for years, but I don't recall ever disliking the first week as much as this year. Favorites are Utah State, Nebraska, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Nevada, and Florida Atlantic. Yech.

Is it too late to petition the Commissioner @CycloneRulzzz to skip this week and start with the first full week?

No way I'm going out in the first week with the Fuskers or Illini. And even though I hate going with the crowd, I'm rolling with the Aggies. Looking forward to seeing them host Cal and Stanford for future Mountain West Conference games.

Week 0: Utah State

1661517846121.png

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I've enjoyed this game for years, but I don't recall ever disliking the first week as much as this year. Favorites are Utah State, Nebraska, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Nevada, and Florida Atlantic. Yech.
You piqued my curiosity. Compared to recent seasons, "Meh" factor seems consistent. Possible exception 2019, but that had only 2 games.

Week 0 in 2021:
Illinois-Nebraska
Fresno State-UConn
UTEP-New Mexico State
UCLA-Hawai’i
(San Jose State-Southern Utah - involved FCS, so not eligible)

2020:
South Alabama-Southern Miss
Army-Middle Tennessee
Memphis-Arkansas State
SMU-Texas State
BYU-Navy
(3 non-eligible FCS games)

2019:
Florida-Miami
Hawaii-Arizona

2018:
Hawai’i-Colorado State
Wyoming-New Mexico State
(U-Mass v Duquesne / Rice v PVAM - not eligible)

2017:
Colorado State-Oregon State
Hawai’i-UMass
South Florida-San Jose State
Stanford-Rice
(BYU v Portland State not eligible)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You piqued my curiosity. Compared to recent seasons, "Meh" factor seems consistent. Possible exception 2019, but that had only 2 games.

Week 0 in 2021:
Illinois-Nebraska
Fresno State-UConn
UTEP-New Mexico State
UCLA-Hawai’i
(San Jose State-Southern Utah - involved FCS, so not eligible)

2020:
South Alabama-Southern Miss
Army-Middle Tennessee
Memphis-Arkansas State
SMU-Texas State
BYU-Navy
(3 non-eligible FCS games)

2019:
Florida-Miami
Hawaii-Arizona

2018:
Hawai’i-Colorado State
Wyoming-New Mexico State
(U-Mass v Duquesne / Rice v PVAM - not eligible)

2017:
Colorado State-Oregon State
Hawai’i-UMass
South Florida-San Jose State
Stanford-Rice
(BYU v Portland State not eligible)

This year, Week 0 has a "yech" factor!

I'll be in Lincoln cheering for Georgia Southern against the Fuskers in Week 2. Go Eagles. Hail Southern.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Is it too late to petition the Commissioner @CycloneRulzzz to skip this week and start with the first full week?

No way I'm going out in the first week with the Fuskers or Illini. And even though I hate going with the crowd, I'm rolling with the Aggies. Looking forward to seeing them host Cal and Stanford for future Mountain West Conference games.

Week 0: Utah State

View attachment 102105

Past games have shown I need as many weeks as can get. ;) If number of games available was below 5 I would probably skip but 7 is just enough I believe to give it a go.