2021 Stock Market

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
What's the story on THCB?
Will reverse merger with Microvast who currently produces batteries for electric industrial vehicles - think fork lifts and the like; they also announced a joint development agreement with $OSK who is one of the major players for the USPS electrification initiative (actually was awarded the USPS contract, though that's in contention at present).
I just think with existing manufacturing capabilities and a global presence (Chinese based) they will likely do well as the electrification of transportation revolution unfolds (scooters, buses, etc.).
I bought the March dip and have added incrementally since (full position at this point, and a little overweight TBH) - they were supposed to complete the RM at the end of April, but this was pushed out into July.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Bought 150 shares at 10.37 this morning it's up 12%. Maybe I'll unload 50.
Not a bad swing trade. I've used this type of trade to buy bigger stakes for the same money - e.g. buy 50 at $10.40, sell 50 at $11.44, buy 55 @ $10.40, rinse/repeat - but it started to get a little tedious on positions I actually wanted to hold.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Worst loss since January. I had 2k cash sitting in my td ameritrade for something like this. I wonder if Monday the slide continues into next or if I should buy something on the dip today?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
They are cracking down on Crypto, which is what caused the drop the last couple days.

More of a leftward supply shift (e.g., shutting down miners) or a leftward demand shift (e.g., cracking down on Chinese financial institutions and retail investors pouring capital into cryptocurrencies because the CCP is worried about financial instability and/or people using crypto to buy contraband)?

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.