2021 Stock Market

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Back down to 7 haha, fun while it lasted but I like the increasing floors on no news. Don't even have trial results yet, coming in Q4. I just love the stock because of the potential coming and the past success of the team. Guy who discovered THC (Raphael Mechoulam) and some guys who were on the team that discovered Remicade, which is Johnson and Johnson's biggest selling drug. The phase 3 trial happening now is just repurposing an existing drug and was fully funded by grants.

After following biotechs for the last few years (started circa 2015) the no.1 asset of a clinical stage company (i.e. no marketable product) is CASH, as CASH = RUNWAY (burn rate is also a factor, but that relates to how fast the company will use up their cash position). Otherwise shorts can/will drive down the price and force dilution (i.e. capital raises) at lower prices - a win-win as they get to cover their shorts (i.e. make money) in addition to holding a larger portion of the original company (greater return when pastures turn green).

I scrolled through the latest posted 10K (Dec. 2019) on 180's website and their cash was listed at <$1M on the balance sheet with another ~$10M in an "investment account" (I think this has to do with the SPAC merger to list and that goes beyond my understanding TBH - p.44 pdf/p.39 10K - see balance sheet for cash position); slide 20 of their last investor presentation also seemed "off" to me as their is no mention of cash position, rather debt/market cap - a bit "red-flaggy" for my taste.

It takes A LOT of time/money to get a drug up and going (regardless of ph.3 trial readout/success) - need manufacturing, need sales/marketing, need to deal with insurance, how big is the target market to begin with, etc.

IMO I wouldn't invest at this time as it seems further dilution before offering a commercial product is inevitable. The rest of their pipeline is so early in development that you'll likely be holding shares for 4+ years before seeing a meaningful return, which means holding a ton of risk for further dilution and/or clinical failure during that time - that said you could make money on a "swing trade"... who knows.

Just my $0.02 - I'm not an expert I just like to follow stonks. GLTU!

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I like biotechs with cash runway that are derisked with already approved products. Getting in before fda approval is a little too risky for me. But can be rewarding.

Reactions: cyclone1209

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The surge in inflation and interest rates upward will determine if the rotation into value stocks is a long term move or short term trend.

Trying to keep a prudent mix of value and growth in the portfolio right now.

Inflation only happens if the economy runs out of labor and capital to produce actual products relative to current nominal incomes and nominal prices -- if it comes up short, then prices are going to rise.

I'm normally pretty doom-and-gloom about our fiscal situation, and I still am, but (1.) a lot of the Trumpbuxx and Bidenbuxx are either hitting the economy slowly (e.g., states will only slowly spend their Bidenbuxx over the next few years) or people are plowing their money for tendies into the market for even more tendies later.

So that might allow the economy to absorb all this extra demand (assuming a lot of the consumption deploys only slowly), though with so much of the money being invested/saved/used to pay down debt, it is only going to push up asset and equity prices further. Might not hit the CPI much, but the market is roaring.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
After following biotechs for the last few years (started circa 2015) the no.1 asset of a clinical stage company (i.e. no marketable product) is CASH, as CASH = RUNWAY (burn rate is also a factor, but that relates to how fast the company will use up their cash position). Otherwise shorts can/will drive down the price and force dilution (i.e. capital raises) at lower prices - a win-win as they get to cover their shorts (i.e. make money) in addition to holding a larger portion of the original company (greater return when pastures turn green).

I scrolled through the latest posted 10K (Dec. 2019) on 180's website and their cash was listed at <$1M on the balance sheet with another ~$10M in an "investment account" (I think this has to do with the SPAC merger to list and that goes beyond my understanding TBH - p.44 pdf/p.39 10K - see balance sheet for cash position); slide 20 of their last investor presentation also seemed "off" to me as their is no mention of cash position, rather debt/market cap - a bit "red-flaggy" for my taste.

It takes A LOT of time/money to get a drug up and going (regardless of ph.3 trial readout/success) - need manufacturing, need sales/marketing, need to deal with insurance, how big is the target market to begin with, etc.

IMO I wouldn't invest at this time as it seems further dilution before offering a commercial product is inevitable. The rest of their pipeline is so early in development that you'll likely be holding shares for 4+ years before seeing a meaningful return, which means holding a ton of risk for further dilution and/or clinical failure during that time - that said you could make money on a "swing trade"... who knows.

Just my $0.02 - I'm not an expert I just like to follow stonks. GLTU!
They have a few doll hairs, I bought in after seeing the two big Vanguard purchases (1.2 million shares). The borrow fee rate on Webull is 101.72%!

Last edited:

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Today I'm a happy holder of chwy - Chewy Dog brands:

more people having pets as a proxy for children (seriously), excellent online platform, easy to use shipping. This is not investment advice just a business and a stock I really think is going to do well. Think of it as an amazon for dogs stuff. Speaking of amazon i wouldn't rule it out for them to buy them down the road.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
When in the hell do I stop getting piss pounded by BABA and take the losses?

Christ I must like it or something. ******* red every day

Reactions: kevdiv48

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
What was GME borrow rate when it squeezed? Preferably Webull because that is the easiest for me to compare.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
What was GME borrow rate when it squeezed? Preferably Webull because that is the easiest for me to compare.
If you're on Reddit r/gme and r/superstonk are where the "diehards" have migrated to... might be someone on there with the DD you're looking for. I don't recall where the rate was at back in January/early March. GLTU!

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
If you're on Reddit r/gme and r/superstonk are where the "diehards" have migrated to... might be someone on there with the DD you're looking for. I don't recall where the rate was at back in January/early March. GLTU!
I'm not looking at joining the squeezers, too risky for me I'm just wondering if it can happen for my ATNF at 139% borrow rate.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
I'm not looking at joining the squeezers, too risky for me I'm just wondering if it can happen for my ATNF at 139% borrow rate.
I took a look back on WSB and it looks like GME borrow rate was in the 20%-30% range leading up to squeeze day. Then up to 65%-85% range as the squeeze began peaking over 200%. Not sure what that means for your ATNF - but GLTU! Hope it MOONZ

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Seeing more articles about a pending stock market collapse. The tea leaves they're reading are largely related to treasuries. I'm a bit shocked at this prediction right now. And sadly, there aren't a lot of levers left to pull by the government should something happen.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
When in the hell do I stop getting piss pounded by BABA and take the losses?

Christ I must like it or something. ******* red every day

i have one share of alibaba. I’m waiting for rock bottom than I will average it out.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Out of personal curiosity: What's your price target on ATNF or is this a hold to infinity or buyout? TIA!
I'm holding long but if you want to go short, 20-40 is thrown around a lot if a squeeze ever happens. Consolidating around 12.25 right now. It gained a dollar a day Wed-Fri and is up 2.50 today so far. Still 139% webull borrow rate.

1618252306427.png

• Informative
Reactions: frackincygy